The student was accepted in their chosen college and was now working hard to be able to become a doctor in the future, the elderly man opened his home more and is now taking care of abandoned animals along with willing volunteers, the woman who got away from his abusive husband, was now giving support to those who went through the same ordeal, and that shy kid now has a handful of friends, even studying to become a theater actor.

Eris was wrong to think that the world was entirely cruel, she knows that now. Dianna was right to view the world with positivity.

o-o-o-o-o

Months later, Eris found herself in Opal City where she would meet her closest mortal friend.

It was snowing heavily one evening, Eris was walking around the city as she just arrived hours earlier. She wanted to have a look around the place she would be calling home for at least a few months. The streets were crowded but still calm 

but not for long.

From a far, people began screaming while the sound of a horn blasted loudly. Eris turned to the source of the chaos and found a taxi driving out of control on the icy streets. It was heading towards her way.

Eris was quick to yell and warn people but not enough to reach a woman who was busy on the phone and was in a rush to cross the street

Without a second thought, Eris rushed to the woman and pulled her just as the out of control taxi reached them. Unfortunately, they were both hit but because Eris had pulled the woman from being directly hit by the taxi, the injuries she sustained were not too severe but she was still rushed to the hospital.

As for Eris, she was also injured but due to her immortality, she healed much faster.

At the hospital, Eris visited the woman, who she found out was named Lauren, everyday. They shared life stories with each other, both happy and sad ones.

Eris even offered to help out with some of her duties because as it turns out, Lauren was a single mom of a 16 year old girl who she had when she was 16 herself so she had been providing for her daughter ever since she graduated college.

This went on for about a month, until eventually the woman was allowed to go home.

"How are you?" Eris asked, taking the cup of tea the woman offered

A week after Lauren's release, Eris decided to pay her a visit in her home to make sure she was doing okay

And to grant her three wishes.

"I'm doing better. Having a cast on your left leg isn't comfy but I'm working on it" Lauren answered, crutches at hand, she carefully sat on the sofa next to Eris "But I'm alive, and I have you to thank for that"

"Oh no, I merely helped. You're already a strong woman on your own but you're welcome" Eris took a sip of her tea, "Now, will you stop thanking me already, you thanked me like a 100 times already"

"I think it's only about 60 times" the woman chuckled, "Oh by the way, Kim wanted you to have this"

Lauren took out a bracelet from her pocket and handed it to Eris which she gladly took

Eris examined the item, "Oh you did say your kid has an online accessory shop, did she made this herself?"

She nodded, "It's a charm bracelet, a thank you gift so it was a good thing you came to visit because I have no idea where to find you"

"Good thing I paid you a visit then but actually, I'm here for another reason"

Lauren's features peaked with curiosity at Eris, "What is it?"