C H A P T E R 8

We both fell silent.

"How did you know?" He asked.

I pointed my finger at his uniform.

"The pocket of your coat has a strange embroidery in it, but then I realized it's a familt crest." I explained.

His face tells me that my explanation doesn't suffice so I sighed before rolling my eyes. I sat down and rested my back at the bed's head rest.

"While the royal family has an eagle and two snakes on their insignia, the House of Castellane has a white tiger together with a quail and a sword." I said then asked for another cup of water.

He keeps making me talk even though I just woke up from an injury, Cain ,I believe that's his name, then gave me another glass full of water.

"Well aren't your eyes too keen for a kid." He stated with astonishment.

I smirked at him before looking at him from head to toe.

"Aren't you too old to be so talkative?" I shot back.

His reaction was priceless.

"For your information, I'm only 21. I'm not as old as you think little girl." He said while gritting his teeth.

Looks like I stepped on a nerve.

"I'm only 6 while you're 21, you're considered as an old man for me." I answered again with a teasing tone. I was just kidding, in fact I was shocked with his age. He's a bit younger than my real age.

Please forgive me kid, but I really feel comfortable with teasing you.

He was left speechless then we both heard someone laughed while clapping so we diverted our gaze towards it only to see a man in a soldier uniform.

" My, how entertaining. I have never seen a kid unafraid of talking to the scary Cain and what's more, left him speechless. How fascinating the young miss is." The unknown man said while entering the room.

"Do pardon me from interrupting your bonding time, but I came here to check if the young miss is already awake." He explained.

"I didn't noticed your presence, how long have you been watching us?" Cain said while fixing his glasses.

"I was here when the young miss said that you're a talkative old man." He chuckled when he saw how Cain glared at him intently.

"Don't laugh when you're older than me!" He shouted at the man who just arrived.

"Well, that's true but I'm just older by 2 years." Let's see, a soldier uniform, stars and a family crest similar to Cain.

"I apologize for the late introduction, I am Alexander Roseway a--"

"Let me guess, you're the Chief Commander from the House of Castellane?" I continued his sentence.

He was surprised by what I said then looked at Cain.

"Did you tell her that? How dare you for not giving me a chance to introduce myself properly to the young miss." He accused Cain.

"I neve--" I interrupted Cain.

"Oh, he never told me. As I said, it was a guess." I said then looked at the basket of fruits at the table near my bed.

Bananas, apples, grapes and more different kinds of fruits.

"What a clever kid! Cain, did the young miss guessed your identity too? Did she told you how?" The man with the surname Roseway bombered Cain with questions.