C H A P T E R 7

Third Person's POV

Plenty of soldiers were scattered investigating the forest.

It was an urgent order from the House of Pardaillan de Gondrin to its military guards after the Young Master came back on his own without the carriage and the escorts that was assigned to protect him.

Everyone was in shock when they heard what happened and immediately planned to search for clues and left the mansion at sunset to set foot art the forest to find some evidence or clues.

So far, they only found four dead bodies on the road.

Two soldiers, one coachman and a horse. Everything was clean, no clues, no evidences.

It was almost as if someone already cleaned it.

When midnight striked they the personnels changed shifts with other patrol group when they saw a small black hooded person run outside of the forest.

The person seems to be in rush but they can't clearly see the person's face.

They watched for a minute and observed as how that small figure bumped at one of the guards that made it fall to the ground, the soldiers immediately crowded around her to inspect if it's someone suspicious.

One of them called the man incharge of the operation to investigate the person.

"What happened?" The commander asked at the crowd of guards.

They were all putting their guards up incase it was a trap or a frontal atack from the assassins.

"Permission to report the case, sir!"

"Permission granted."

"It's a person, he was suspiciously running away from the forrest and collided with one of the guards, sir!"

"Pull his hood down," He ordered one of the knights.

The man carefully pulled the hood then quietly observed what the unconscious person.

"It's a kid, sir!"

"Check it,"

The man noticed blood at the kids hands so he searched where it came from.

"The kid is severely wounded, sir!" The knight reported right away as he heard the kid's plea.

"Take him to a medic! Make sure to guard it and interrogate it if he wakes up."

The guards responded swiftly as they carried and transferred the fragile kid's body to a strecher and rushed it to the nearest medical building.

They set up tents to continue while others took a rest after they exchange duties.

Soldiers continued their work and exchanged shifts, they throughly searched the whole forrest until dawn.

One of the men who was incharge of guarding the kid went to the leader's tent with an expression of shock and pity.

"I apologize for coming at this hour when your resting but please give me permission to state my report, sir!" He said asked with patience leaving his words while saluting.

"Permission granted." The Commander said while massaging his head.

"While the medic was treating the child, and we found out that the kid was a girl and was stabbed by a knife on her waist. It looks like as if someone tried to kill her but she managed to escape and ran away that made her wound open more--"

"Merde! We can not make assumptions just based on the injury! You need to get to the point why you urgently came at this hour!" He shouted with irritation.