Chapter twenty-one

Zayn had been incredibly confused since his one night stand with Alex. He went home that morning and barricaded himself in his bedroom, questioning his own sanity. Zayn didn't want to believe that he was bi, or gay, or anything besides his family's definition of normal. He had been raised under the beliefs that a man should fall in love with a woman. He thought he might be going crazy. Because Zayn had come to the conclusion that he was in love with his best mate, Harry.

He didn't want to believe it was true, so he drowned his sorrows in alcohol and violence. He thought he was finally getting over Harry, especially when he slept with Alex, and some un-wanted "feelings" arose. He knew that Harry would never love him back, and he probably was in love with that Louis guy. Zayn hated him so much. But Alex made him feel wanted and important.

For some reason, Zayn also felt oddly happy about the whole situation. It made him realize something; he wansn't normal, no matter how hard he tried. His night with Alex was mostly a blur, dissolved in the back of his brain with the rest of the alcohol, but the parts that he did remember were amazing. He felt disgusted with himself. Why do I feel like this? Zayn thought to himself.

Alex, on the other hand, didn't have any of those thoughts, considering he had already come to terms with his abnormal sexuality. The only thing he was questioning was how he could have been so stupid. Louis wasn't his boyfriend anymore. He slept with somebody he didn't even know and broke Louis' heart.

Al felt guilty about all of it. He wanted Lou back. He wanted to hold him in his arms again, but he knew, deep down in the pit of his worst night meres, that he was most likely with Harry now, and that he was probably happy.

Alex didn't want to ruin Lou's life more than he already had. He knew that he needed to move on with his life. But how? Alex questioned. How was he supposed to get over Louis, who he had loved so dearly since the previous Winter?

He pondered these questions in his stuffy hotel bedroom, considering his options. He could move back to Ireland and go back to his old, boring, life. Or he could stay in here in Doncaster, start a new life, and- hopefully- a new relationship as well. He decided on the latter.

Alex lied down on his bed and decided he better give his mum a call and tell her about his plans. As he reached for his phone, his eyes accidentally fell upon the varsity jacket that Zayn had left in his hotel room the night before. He picked it up and realized that Zayn was probably missing it. If only he had his phone number.

He thought that Zayn was strangely charming, even though he hardly knew the lad. Also, there was something about his caramel colored eyes and black jet hair that made him so... interesting. Something about him made Alex feel alive. However, he couldn't even contact Zayn without a number. All he had was a name. Zayn Malik. Such a beautiful name, Alex thought.

Alex sighed and decided he should call his mum and update her on his current situation. After all, Alex hadn't given her much information about his trip prior to his departure. He picked up his phone and scrolled through his contact list, but stopped when he saw a new number entered in his phone, labeled with the name Zaynie! He didn't remember entering that name in there. Hell, he didn't remember anything at all from that night he spent with Zayn. Nonetheless, Alex was joyful that he would be able to hear the voice of the mysterious boy again.

Zayn hadn't even realized that his jacket was missing until his phone rang. He picked it up, despite not recognizing the number.

"Hello?" Zayn asked curiously.

"Hey, it's me, Alex." the voice replied.

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows, "Um... hi." he said awkwardly. He felt uncomfortable talking to someone he slept with, especially considering Alex was a guy.