Chapter twenty-seven

(Harry's POV)

Bang!

Louis and I both hear the door slam, and we break away from our kiss in record time. He pulls away from me and curses under his breath.

"What the Hell?" Louis mutters, peering over the corner and looking at the auditorium door. Nobody's there. They must've left.

"Do you think they saw anything?" I ask, fearing the worst.

Lou turns to me and shakes his head, "I hope not," he says worried. He looks nervous. His eyes are widened and his mouth is parted.

"It might've been a teacher though, right? I mean, most students arn't at school this late." I remind him.

Louis smiles softly, "Y-yeah. You're right. It was probably just a janitor or something." he shrugs.

I nod and look down at my watch, "Oh, it's nearly five thirty. We should go," I tell him.

Lou nods, "Good idea."

I take Louis' hand and peck his cheek quickly, then we both walk out of the auditorium. His hand feels so warm and soft. We walk through the empty school lobby. It's nice to be holding hands in school, because when the other students are here, we don't get to show affection that often.

We walk out into the parking lot and Louis immediately comes closer to me. The Autumn whether is quickly turning into Winter. The wind starts picking up and the brisk air turns my nose and cheeks pink.

Louis and I get into the car and I turn up the heaters. I put one hand on the steering wheel and the other attached to Louis'. This feels so perfect.

"Ah, it must be nice to be able to drive anywhere you want." Louis comments as we leave the parking lot and start driving down the streets.

"You're older than me, Lou. Shouldn't you have your drivers license by now?" I ask curiously.

Louis nods, "Yeah, I have a license. I just don't have a car." he chuckles.

I turn my attention to Louis as we approach a stop sign, "You can't afford one?" I ask curiously, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I have some money saved up from working at the local bakery last Summer, but all of it went towards college." he says shrugging.

"Oh, I see." I tell him. I can't help but feel kind of guilty. My parents got be a car when I was fifteen, before I was even old enough to drive it. They always spoil me when they could be donating all the money to charity or something.

"Are you okay, Haz?" Louis asks, reaching over and brushing my thigh.

I break from my trance, "Y-yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking, that's all." I say, giving him a reassuring smile. We reach Louis' house and I pull into the dirt driveway.

Louis sighs, "I hate this place." he mutters, eyeing his house.

"I'm sorry-"

I'm interrupted by the sound of glass breaking from inside the house, followed by yelling. Somebody else shrieks and shouts. Something else shatters. What is going on inside there!? Louis just rolls his eyes and grunts, as if this is a normal thing for him.

"What the Hell is going on in there!?" I ask Louis, incredibly worried.

"They're fighting again." he mumbles, avoiding my gaze.

"Who?"

"My parents." he says quietly. He sniffles and wipes away a few stray tears from his eyes. Oh no. I hate seeing him upset.