Prologue

Hope's POV:

It was all dark. Occasionally I run into Clarke, but I've managed to shake him off everytime. I've come to the conclusion that Malivore doesn't want me here. I'm toxic. But, every time I get a chance to be expelled Clarke is around and he grabs hold of me.

As much as Malivore wants me out of here he wants Clarke here more. It's very annoying. "Hope, Hope wait. Look, I know you don't like me, but we have to work together." I hear Clarke call. I groan. I turn and glare at him.

"You know Clarke, I've been working on a theory. Trying to figure out why the vortex comes and I realize that it's always after I use magic. Am I getting warm?" I ask. I see the realization that I know what he's doing cross him face. He looks scared. He should be. He's keeping me from my family.

"Scalding." He says, trying to lie. Glad I put the truth spell on him earlier. "You know, it makes a lot of sense when you think about it." His look is going increasingly scared with every word I say, like I'm revealing that one thing he doesn't want me to know.

"I thought that I was wrong about me being the only one who could destroy him, but I think my actual mistake was that I wasn't a fully activated tribrid when I dove into that pit." He gives me a look of confusion.

"I've never died so my vampire side hasn't bee activated yet and what I'm realizing now is that Malivore doesn't want me here. I'm toxic to him. Finish that sentence please." I say, looking directly at Clarke. "Malivore is trying to expel you. To send you back from where you came."

"And every time he tries-" "I grab hold of you to try to get expelled with you. But as much as my father wants you to leave, he wants to keep torturing me here even more." He says. I give me a sarcastic smirk. "Then it's official, all we have to do is wait." I say. "For what."

Suddenly the light appears again and I feel the pull. "That's my ride." "Hope, you can't leave me here." He says. "I can't leave with you, ok, I have to get back to my friends. I have to get back to Landon." Tell him, feeling kind of bad.

"Look, I can't lie to you, ok, so you know I'm telling the truth when I say that if you help me leave too you'll never see me again. I promise." He says. I really feel bad for him, I do, but I can't leave with him and I need to get back to my family.

"I'm sorry, but do you understand why I can't take that risk?" I ask him. "Yeah, I would do the same thing if I were you. GAH!" He yells, annoyed with the truth spell. "Good luck Clarke." I say. "Screw you Hope." He snaps. With that I am pull up and out of Malivore into complete darkness.

When I wake up I'm laying on soft grass. I blink the sunlight away and sit up. I look to my left to see the Malivore pit completely gone. Also I'm no where I recognize. "State your name and where you come from." I hear behind me. I jump and stand, spinning around quickly.

There is a man with long black hair in some sort of old fashioned robe. He has a circlet on his head and his ears are pointed. "My name is Hope Mikaelson. Where am I?" I ask. "You are just past the border to Rivendell, my home. I am Lord Elrond of the Elves." He says.

I look at him like he's crazy. Elves? Well, wouldn't be the weirdest creature I've come across in the past year. "Now I ask you again, where do you come from?" He asks. I run a hand through my hair, calming myself down.

"Well I was in a pit, called Malivore. I went in a few months ago to try and save my friends and I've just been expelled and I have no idea where I am. Also I have no idea where Rivendell is." I say. "You are in Middle Earth child." He says. I scrunch my eyebrows at him.

"What? Middle Earth? Where is that?" I ask. He stares at me like he's trying to figure me out. "What are you child. I sense a powerful aura around you." He tells me. I hesitate, wandering if I really should tell him.

Then I realize that I am I on some crazy earth and if this man can help me get home then I need to confide in him. "I'm what's known in my world as a tribrid. A hybrid of three creatures. Witch, werewolf, and vampire." I say.

"Of the three you've listed I know only one of the species. Come with me and explain. I promise no harm shall come to you if you mean no harm." He says. I nod. "I don't, I just want to go home." I say. He nods and leads me through the forest we are in.

When the trees clear, a beautiful castle lays in front of us. "This is my home and you are welcome." He tells me. We enter and I am lead through the corridors to what appears to be a study. "Sit, we will not be disturbed here." He says. I do as told.

"Now, explain to me everything." He says. With that I launch into my backstory and the story of vampires and werewolves. By the end of my explanation Elrond looks deep in thought. He then stares directly at me.

"You have faced many hardships child and I am sorry for all those you have lost. I am sad to say that I do not know how you are to go home, but until we figure it out you shall remain here as a guest in my house." "Thank you." I say.

"A good friend of mine, a wizard named Gandalf is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I would like you to speak with him." He explains. I nod. "Good now, follow me. I shall have one of the servants find you a room and some clothes that help you adjust to being here." He says.

I nod and follow him out of the room. I am soon dressed in an extremely soft night gown after bathing. I am laying in bed thinking of ways I could get back home.