Heka and His First Vampire

It began over 5,000 years ago in the year 3101 BC in Ancient Egypt during the time when the Upper and Lower kingdoms of Egypt were at war with each other. It was a bloody and catastrophic war with many casualties on both sides; King Narmer of Upper Egypt, tired of the fighting, pleaded with his gods, begging for their divine intercession. He spent countless days in the temples of his gods offering sacrifice after sacrifice as tribute until one day his prayers were answered. Heka, the god of magic, came down from the heavens.

"You wish to end this war and unite Egypt?" He asked Narmer; the god's voice echoed not only throughout the halls of the temples but also within Narmer's mind slithering into each crevice mentally suffocating Narmer with his power. "I would do anything!" Narmer replied vehemently. Heka looked him over with a strange glint in his eyes before nodding. "There is a way," the god mused, "But with it comes great sacrifice." Narmer straightened up gathering his wits and met eye to eye with the formidable god before speaking passionately, "Do what you must."

Heka grinned, "First you must perform a human sacrifice." Narmer paused, this wasn't anything new. "Easy," he almost scoffed at how easy it would be; Heka raised his brow at how arrogantly the mortal sounded in the moment. "No. It will not be easy for you are to sacrifice the one whom you love most." At this Narmer blanched for he loved many people but it was his 5-year old son he held the closest to his heart. "No!" Heka stared at him head-on, not once blinking, "If you wish to end this was between the two kingdoms a sacrifice must be paid; all magic comes with a price." (insert the iconic Rumplestiltskin hand flourish)

"No!" Narmer cried out, "If the end of the war comes at the cost of my son's life then I'd rather let the south win before I kill my child!" Heka glared, he had come from on-high to this measly mortal only for it to change its mind because its emotions got in its way of victory. The god stared straight into the man's eyes and used a small bit of persuasion, "Come now Narmer," he crooned putting a haze over the king's mind making him easily more susceptible to his persuasion. "Do this and I'll give you the strength of a hundred men, your skin will not know the harm of any blade. You will be the most powerful man the world has ever seen."

The king of Upper Egypt nodded in agreement still under the god's compelling gaze, "The most powerful man in the world." Heka smirked a slyness falling over his handsome features. "Let us begin then. Bring me your son."

***

"NOOOO!" shrieks bounced off the walls as a grieving father sunk to the ground rocking his child back and forth; his dead child. His little boy, the one he would take down to the Nile to play, the one he would shower with sweets behind his mother's back. His child who was supposed to grow up to be a mighty pharaoh. It wasn't until the deed was done did Heka's hazy persuasion lift from Narmer's mind. Narmer couldn't remember a thing, the last thing he was able to recall was the god telling him of the sacrifice and his adamant refusal, and everything melted into nothingness.

He came to with his hands drenched in a crimson liquid, an obsidian knife in hand, he was able to quickly identify as blood and when he looked down he found the source of the blood. "You did this!" He yelled at Heka still holding on tightly to his son. The god of magic looked at him with a bored expression gracing his face, "No, you committed the deed; I only helped you along. You wished to end the war between a divided Egypt and I granted you the ability. Your son's life was simply," Heka trailed off and looked Narmer in the eyes.

"Collateral."

Narmer shook in a magnificent rage and lunged at the god but Heka immobilized the mortal before he walked over to the altar and picked up the sacrificial bowl. He prowled towards the frozen man, "Just one more step." Holding the pharaoh fast with magic Heka forced Narmer's mouth open and dripped the liquid inside into his mouth. Narmer's eyes widened in terror as he was being force-fed his son's blood; muted protests and screams escaped his mouth as he tried to avoid swallowing but the deed was done. Heka unfroze Narmer and the man swayed slightly his son's blood staining his teeth and lips; the god watched with observing eyes waiting and watching. 

Then it happened.

Narmer dropped to the floor writhing in pain, inhuman screams escaped his mouth; Heka hummed an ancient tune patiently waiting until the whole ordeal was over. It seemed to Narmer as if the pain would never end, every inch of his body burned in icy flames; he could feel his skin hardening and felt his body's temperature drop further and further from what was normal. The king, from within all the other pain, could feel a sharpness in his eyes and felt his throat suddenly run dry all and any strip of moisture seemed to be sucked away. 

What seemed to be forever only happened in a matter of a few minutes. Once Narmer stopped thrashing he stood up on unsteady legs; like a foal standing for the first time after birth. Heka gave his new creation a once over marveling in the changes this new creature possessed. 

Gone was Narmer's blemished skin, it was now unblemished with a smoothness that mirrored silk. His features became more refined and any obvious signs of injury were no longer there. However, Heka's real attention was focused on Narmer's eyes. No longer were they a rich brown but now Narmer's eyes burned a blood red. 

"And how do you feel?" Heka circled around Narmer; a predator sizing up its prey. He felt powerful; never in his life did Narmer feel as indestructible than he did at that moment. The strength of hundreds of men ran throughout his veins, his senses were sharpened to an inhuman degree. It was as if everything that had transpired in the last few hours were suddenly forgotten; he disregarded the body of his child and strode towards one of the polished copper mirrors. Narmer looked himself over noting all of the new differences; what alarmed him was his now red eyes, but only for a moment. 

As he regarded himself, Narmer decided that he rather liked the almost hypnotic-like eyes; it was something completely unreal that all that one could do was marvel at its uniqueness. He finally answered his creator, "Powerful, I feel powerful." Heka grinned with a dangerous glint in his eyes, "Wonderful. What else?" Narmer wasn't sure what the god had meant until a sweet scent filled his nose; it was incredibly mouth-watering. The king regarded the remaining blood on his lips and hesitantly licked at it; that one licked induced in him a hunger, a fierce and predatory hunger that could only be satiated by only one thing. Blood.

"Hungry, I'm starving," a guttural growl came from the former human. Heka finally had the pharaoh exactly where he wanted him, there was only one last thing to do. "Go on now future King Narmer of United Egypt. Go and lay waste to your enemies till they surrender. Feast on your enemies and they beg on bended knee for their puny mortal lives; I will guide you so that you do not slaughter your own men. This is the moment you have been waiting for after all. Win the war."

With that Narmer passed by the god of magic to exit the temple; they stand side by side in the bright Egyptian sunlight. Narmer's skin sparkled in the light something that would most definitely bring pause to everyone around him. His red eyes travel around his kingdom until he fixes his focus on the fighting that had commenced during his time in the temple. With a growl, Narmer looked to his creator one last time, acknowledging the god, before darting off in a supernatural speed.

 Heka almost immediately heard screams of dying men; he glanced towards the heavens knowing that the other deities were watching on. Surely there would be some who marvel at his new creation, others would be repulsed but either way, Heka got what he wanted in the end. He let out a victorious yell before calling out to the entire world.

"THE GAME IS SET!" 

A/N: Vampires have entered the group chat thanks to Heka. Basically, Heka knows what Leto did and how she awarded the people of Delos for helping her and her children. Now, let's all just imagine that the Greek/Roman gods and the Egyptians gods have it out for each other and Heka creates a new species to "rival" Leto's, by this point the natives of Delos of branched out and know that the shapeshifting gene passes through to the following generations and many of them now reside in Egypt. 

I know that I was going to get into the enslavement and the cursing of the wolves but I currently don't have the mental compacity to come up with the enslavement scene and have no idea how to go about with the actual cursing part. So yeah, now you all know the origins of both the werewolves and the vampires respectively. Now we can dive into the actual story which I'm so excited about because I've got some great things planned.