Chapter 17

Heaven's P.o.v

After binge watching crash landing on you, Max and I decided to head outside to the ice-cream parlor for a nice frozen treat and maybe even stop by the beach, since it was nearby.

When we arrived at the ice-cream shop, I ordered two scoops of cotton candy ice-cream in a waffle cone, while Max settled on plain vanilla in a cup.

On the way to the beach, we ate our ice-cream in a comfortable silence, until I finally broke it. "Don't you just love the beach Max? It's so calm and peaceful, I'm so glad I'm a mermaid" I told him with a smile on my face, which he gladly returned.

"Of course, the beach is great!" he replied a smile still lingering on his lips. Oh those lips, I just want to kiss them right now, they look so soft and moist, SNAP out of it Heaven! He's your bestfriend and besides it's not like he feels the same.

I was suddenly snapped back into reality with Max gently shaking my shoulders.

"Huh, what did you say?"

"Don't worry, it's not important" Max says, dismissing the topic. Although his eyes looked like he really wanted to tell me something.

'I can't tell her now. It isn't the right timing.' I heard a familiar voice say, that sounded a lot like Max.

Wait!  Am I hearing Max's thoughts again. What does this mean? I should definitely ask Arista about this. Maybe she might know what's going on.

"Heaven, are you okay? You've been spacing out a lot" Max frowned, looking concerned.

"Oh... yeah, I'm fine. I was just thinking about something." I replied, reassuringly. "Anyway, since we're here, do you want to go for a quick swim."

Before Max even has a chance to reply, we're interrupted by a familiar voice calling out to us. 

"Serena, Max," Arista waved, as she approached us, "what are you guys doing here? Did you come to join us for a swim."

"We actually just came out for some ice-cream, but I was just asking Max if he wanted to go for a swim"

"So what do you say Max, wanna go for a swim" Aquarius asked.

"I would love to, but I didn't bring my scuba gear" Max replied, slightly disappointed.

"Oh you don't need that, you have Serena" Arista smirked. And I raised an eyebrow up in her direction.

"What do you mean, he has me" I replied, confused.

"Well this is just a rumor, but I heard that when a mermaid kisses a human, they get the ability to breathe underwater." Arista informs us and instantly my face flushes a bright shade of red.

I look at Max and realized that he too seems embarrassed by what Arista has just implied.

Is she suggesting, I kiss my best friend. I mean I always wanted to, but there's no way Max will agree to that.

"Of course you guys don't have to do that, it was just a suggestion" Arista clarifies.

"I'll give it try, but only if you want to Max" I say, after much debate.

"If you're fine with it, then sure we can give it a try." Max finally replied

"Great!" Arista clapped and I send her a look, telling her to stop it.

"Oops, my bad" Arista replies, sheepishly. "We'll give you two some privacy." She says, before nudging Aquarius in the chest.

"Umm yeah, we'll be in the water if you guys need us." Aquarius replied, half-heartedly.

Then they both ran off and dived into the water, leaving the two of us alone.

Max and I stood there awkwardly for a moment before I finally mustered up the courage and just went for it.

I lunged forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and gently pecked his lips. At first Max seems shocked, probably because I had kissed him first, but after a second he immediately responded back.  And when he does, I instantly feel a jolt of electricity, surging through my body making us both put apart. 

"Wow, did you feel that!" Max exclaimed as we broke apart.

"Yep, it was definitely shocking" I laughed, lamely, no longer feeling nervous. "Now, Let's see if it worked"

"Race you to the water" Max says, before running off towards the water.

"Hey, no fair, you got a head start" I whined but proceeded to run after him.

****

(Meanwhile somewhere further down the beach.)

"At last, I've arrived on the human's territory" Marcus said with a triumphant look on his face as he dragged his body onto the shore.

"Now how do we get those legs" he asked his underlings.

"I think we need to be completely dry, sir" one of his men said, not daring to look him in the eyes.

Marcus nodded but didn't reply. Instead they sat there for a couple of minutes and allowed the sun to dry off their tails. Once they were completely dry, Marcus realized that they would need to get some clothes in order to blend in with the humans.

Then At the same time, Marcus noticed a group of men walking by, who stared at them oddly.

"You there," he called out to the men "give us your clothes"

"No way man, get your own clothes." One of the men scoffed.

An amused smirk appeared on his face at that, and in an instant he stood to his feet, aiming his now glowing staff in the men's direction and repeated himself,

"I don't think you understood me," he said to the men again "Give us your clothes"

Then as if under a spell, the men did as they were told.

"Now, take me to your hideout"

**************

Hey Everyone, I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. And as usual you can vote or let me know what you thought about it in the comments below.