Chapter 16

Max's p.o.v

As soon as I heard that Heaven was awake, I ran as fast as I could until I was standing directly in front of her house.

I quickly knocked on the door, not even bothering to wait for a response, before I came bursting through the door. 

I then proceeded walking towards the bathroom, where I spot Heaven(who was still in her mermaid form) chatting with Arista.

I then breathed a sigh of relief, unintentionally startling the two in the process.

"Max?" Arista questions, slightly puzzled. "Didn't I just call you? How did you get here so fast?"

"I ran" I shrugged, like it was no big deal, before walking fully into the bathroom and bending down to give Heaven a hug.

"Heaven, thank god you're okay" I said, engulfing her into a hug.  I was glad that my best friend was okay.

Third person P.o.v

Meanwhile, Heaven's stomach was doing a bunch of stupid somersaults.  She wondered if it had something to do with the soulmate bond.

/No, it was probably just my imagination. There's no way my best friend is my soulmate/ she thought.

"I'm fine Max, no need to fret" She laughs, playfully pushing his arm away.

"Are you sure?" Max asked, his voice laced in worry. 

"Yeah, I'm sure"

Arista looks at them for a moment, silently watching the exchange, before realizing that she should give the two some alone time.

"Okay, well now that Max is here, I'm gonna go join Aquarius for a swim" Arista says, proceeding to walk out the door.

"But Arista," Heaven calls, stopping Arista in her tracks, "we never finished our conversation"

"We'll finish it later" Arista proposes, waving her off.

"But—" Heaven begins to say, but is quickly cut off by Arista,

"I really need to go catch up with Aquarius but -I'll see you two later." Arista informs her, before practically sprinting out the door.

Heaven blinks, slightly shocked at her friend's weird behavior, before returning her attention back to Max who was already staring at her,

"umm..is there something on my face?" she asks, reaching up to remove whatever was on her face.

'Only beauty' She heard Max say after a moment.

Now Normally, Heaven would probably be blushing at the fact that her best friend had just called her beautiful.  But the only problem was that he didn't move his mouth.

"What did you say?" Heaven asked, bewildered.

"I said, there's nothing wrong with your face" Max regards her.

Heaven merely nods, deciding that it was just her imagination.

"So....do you want to watch a movie together" Max suggested after a while.

"Sure, let's do that" Heaven claps. "Let me just get dried off first and then I'll meet you outside in the living room"

Max nodded, leaving the room, to give Heaven some privacy.

As soon as Max left the room, Heaven mentally slapped herself for being so awkward with her best friend.

/Stop, being so weird Heaven.  He's still the same Max whether or not he is your soulmate/ Her subconscious says.

/You're right! Maybe I'm just overthinking things/ Heaven thought, shaking her head.

She quickly unplugged the drain in the bathtub and then proceeded to grab a towel that was next to the tub to dry off her skin.  And after a few seconds, her legs had returned. 

Heaven then stood up and climbed out of the tub, before heading towards the bathroom door. 

She exits the bathroom and spots Max sitting on the couch, scrolling through Netflix on the tv.

"Hey, did you decide what you want to watch yet" Heaven says, plopping down next to him on the couch.

"Not yet," Max shakes his head

"Hmm, how about we watch crash landing on you"

"Crash landing on you-what's that?"

"It's a Korean drama." She tells him as a matter of fact, while taking the remote into her own hands to search for it.

"Of course it is. Why did I even ask." Max says, rolling his eyes fondly. It was no secret to him, how much Heaven enjoyed Korean dramas, since the latter would always try to get him to watch them with her.

And He would always try to decline, since he wasn't really interested in watching Korean dramas. Not because they were boring, but because he didn't like to read the subtitles.  However, Heaven's cute pout, and puppy dog eyes, always made it impossible for him to do so. 

"Oh I almost forgot the popcorn," Heaven suddenly speaks, interrupting Max's thoughts.

"Brb" She says, while standing to her feet. And then she runs off towards the kitchen to go make some popcorn.

'Cute' Max thinks, smiling after her retreating figure.

*****

"So, you just left them there— all alone?" Aquarius asks, turning to look at Arista with furrowed brows, as they swam

"Yep." Arista says, popping the p.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, we're supposed to be bringing her back home to the king, —not helping her find her soulmate"

"I know that silly." Arista let's out a laugh, "But I'm sure he'll want her to find happiness too. So First we'll fix the soulmate situation and then we'll bring her back home for sure."

"Fine, but if anything goes wrong, I'm blaming you."

*************************************
Hey Everyone, how are you all doing? I hope that you're all doing fine and staying safe.

I know that I haven't updated this story for a while and that's because I've been having writer's block, but hopefully that's all gone now so that I can continue putting out chapters for this story, because it's been going on for a while.

To tell you the truth, I've even thought about discontinuing this story, because my writer's block is so bad. But I'm a firm believer of finishing what you started, so if you are enjoying this story, don't worry because I will definitely complete it. 

Anyway I hope you all have a good night, morning, or evening wherever you are, and remember to stay safe. 😊