10 | we were so innocent

ten

ten. 

HUENINGKAI CROSSED HIS ARMS, giving Beomgyu a hard stare as he analyzed the older's suspicious actions. Beomgyu gulped nervously, wracking his brain for any ideas on how to drive out the boy in front of him.

Hueningkai out of all people shouldn't know.

"What did you do?" Hueningkai asked, his eyes looking behind Beomgyu to see if Taehyun was okay. Hueningkai heard bits of their argument and was concerned about the two.

Especially Taehyun since the boy was very sensitive and took things to heart.

"I-uh, nothing. Taehyun is sleeping. We should go so we won't disturb him." Beomgyu lied, biting the inside of his cheek, hoping that Hueningkai would just leave.

"But he just woke up a while ago," Hueningkai replied.

He found it more suspicious considering that Taehyun wouldn't just go back to sleep like that. The Taehyun he knew would go out of the house and get some fresh air to calm himself, not shut himself inside the room and sleep.

"Come on, let's just—"

"Did you do something?"

Beomgyu looked away, fearing that he would look guilty in front of the boy. He felt cold sweat gathering on his forehead as he watched Hueningkai try to look inside the room.

"What are you hiding from me?" Hueningkai moved closer, grabbing Beomgyu's shoulders to try and move him away from the door.

"No! I said he's sleeping. Why won't you—"

"Then let me check! Taehyun!" Hueningkai started calling for his name but there was no answer which confirmed more of his suspicion.

"Hueningkai, stop!" Beomgyu tried to push him away but he was stronger considering his height and build. After much struggle, he fell down on the floor as Hueningkai hastily went inside the room to check on his friend.

Beomgyu silently cussed as he looked around, spotting something in the corner of his eye.

Hueningkai spotted the body in the bed, hidden under a blanket and he covered his mouth in shock as he walked closer. He took off the blanket and saw Taehyun's unmoving body in an odd position. Hueningkai noticed that there was no rise or decline in Taehyun's chest, indicating that he wasn't breathing.

"Hyung, what did you do?"

Beomgyu slowly approached him from behind, carrying weight in his right hand.

"I'm so sorry..." Beomgyu whispered from behind him and as faint as his voice sounded, Hueningkai heard it.

But as Hueningkai turned around, the last thing he saw was the blurred vision of a baseball bat straight towards his head.

"I'm sorry..." Beomgyu closed his eyes after seeing Hueningkai fall down on the floor, his body limp and unmoving.

He dropped the bat down on the ground, seeing the trace of crimson coating the surface.

"A monster..."

Beomgyu walked towards the body, searching his pockets for the device. He found it, taking the phone out of Hueningkai's jacket. He held it tight in his hand and stared at it for a few seconds before he closed his eyes and flung it across the room with bottled-up anger, undeniably breaking it to the point that it was horribly disfigured.

He couldn't put two dead bodies in the same room.

"What have you done?" He asked himself, feeling the guilt eat his heart out.

He grabbed Hueningkai's arms and started dragging him towards a different room, whispering to himself.

"Beomgyu, you're a monster."