Chapter Four - This Dude Again?

Y'all voted for Russia a fucking long time ago-))

(Russia)

    The chill early winter air brushed along his face, sweeping his thick light brown coat lightly and briefly off the ground, his scarf flowing above his left shoulder, his hat almost flying off multiple times. Russia had grown a tolerance to the cold when he was younger, so the wind wasn't very bothersome to him.

    He had been walking home from that...odd meeting. He had a lot on his mind, like who was that? Why were they hurt? Why did they try to kill themselves? Are they ok?

   He had let his guard down subconsciously as he wandered through the torn apart city, down old streets America and him had walked down oh so long ago. He sighed sadly. Remembering America... Hurt. America's blue eyes shone like sea, glittered in an unnatural almost heavenly light at all time, radiating across every room he walked in.

  quickly and suddenly off of the corner of Russia's eye, a slim, crispyly edged shadow passed under a street light, it's features not apparent due to the dim, flickering glow the street post was giving off, though it's clothes seemed to consist of a black hoodie and darkwash jeans.

   The figure was about ten feet away and Russia paused, walking closer to it. "Germany? Was that you?"

   The shadow turned to face Russia, still no features visible, then ran, and Russia being Russia, chased after them.

(Greenland)

   America flopped over on the bed, the springs supporting the mattress creeking under his sudden weight. some covers falling off and over him as he tucked his wings behind him. His arms dangling off each end, mumbling about how much of waste it was to use the bandages on him.

  "Shut up, you're not killing yourself" I said sarcastically, though I was being completely serious in my statement, like me saying that would stop him. I put the med kit away on a random shelf where it one hundred percent wasn't meant to be.

    I sighed, looking over at him, the soft light from the street lights outside glowed and illuminated off of his goggles and his caring yet broken eyes seemed to be glittering in an odd phosphorescence. The room was dimly lit, though the American before me seemed to light it up, even if I knew that was impossible.

    He sat up swiftly, causing a few pillows to fall off the bed. He grabbed a random pink hoodie and slipped into it, putting on his sun glasses and nodding. I smiled "you really think you're up to fight again?"

  He smirked tauntingly, mimicking my tone and shrugging "well I mean, knowing that you won't let me leave in this condition I might as well...." America said. I blinked, realizing what he meant by that at the last moment.

   Yeah he jumped out of the window. Of a six story building. On the top floor. With his wings down. He's such a fucking idiot.

  I sighed, stretching before walking down the stairs as quickly as I could, rushing out of the door like a normal person. (Plus ultra) Following him.

(No one's POV)

    America ran through the streets excitedly, not really knowing where he was going, just running around. Like a maniac. Or from his point of view, a super hero.

  Greenland eventually caught up with the runaway American, muttering about how he should be sleeping and yada yada, yeah America was just tuning him out.

  The two boys ran around the crippled city for about a half an hour, stopping miner crimes such as street fights and muggings untill they saw an actual fun looking fight, two men, heavy set and obviously older ganging up on a smaller, mid-twenties woman.

  America flew above the scene, dropping down in the middle of it, upside down with his wings flapping softly. The men looked increatably confused before running, mumbling shit about "Angels" and "god punishing them"

  America sighed, looking over to the girl, realizing that she had already taken the opportunity to run. Then his eyes flickered to Greenland, standing on the ground with an extremely disappointed look on his face

"What if they attacked you? You would be dead, you can't fight in your current condition, your arm is fucking broken" Greenland scolded

"Well, were you going to fight them?" America said with a slight smirk

"No shit I would've" Greenland said, rubbing the bridge of his nose

  "Oh, uh... yeah I got no excuse" America said, rubbing the back of his neck

  "Oooof course you don't" Greenland sighed, before helping America down, the two then bolting off into the night to go do what everyone else was failing to do.

Actually fucking fix this broken city.

~-~-~-~
(A/N
Damn I've been dead for awhile, as I've mentioned on my board, I'm out of this fandom for multiple reasons, one being the current situation America is in with the whole racist and homophobic president, I support blm and trans rights and I will stick to that opinion so I feel kinda weird making America the hero of a story when he's clearly the current world enemy. But I'm definitely not dropping this project, I'm having way to much fun writing it and I love the feedback I'm getting from it. Though, this will be the last Countryhumans book you will find on my page, so when it ends, it's over. I might make a shitpost book with all of my old countryhumans oneshots or something if you guys want. And with that out of the way, updates are every other Wednesday, and I hope you have a great day!)

word count: 947