Episode 8: Espionage and Gay Robots

Start from the beginning

"What does that mean, and why are you following me?" she asked, looking aggressive.

"It's an old Earth expression, never mind. The point is I will leave you alone, just hear me out, and give me 3 sentences before you make your decision." he proposed.

"You got 2." she said crossing her arms.

"Okay... you are the most beautiful thing I have seen all week in my relentless search for beautiful things and I would love to take you to dinner or buy you a drink. secondly, I am a Captain, I have my own ship, so that is a notable point." he said waiting for the reply.

"Interesting...go away." she said turning and walking casually.

"Damn...should have negotiated another sentence, could have sealed the deal with the hot-tub..." he pondered. "I HAVE A HOT-TUB!!!" he bellowed. No response. He stood, confused at his massive miss and wondering what he did wrong.

"A ship you say?" said a deep masculine voice from behind him. He turned to see the same dark-skinned individual that blocked him earlier.

"You got the wrong idea, buddy. I don't fly that rout." he said looking nervous.

"And you got the wrong idea regarding my interest. Roy D is the name. I'm not interested in you...just your ship, specifically where it goes. I need a ride to the next station and I can pay." he informed.

"Absolutely not." said the Captain. Roy handed him 300 credits and his look of alarm turned to cheerful. "We depart tomorrow at noon, so don't be late. Pleasure doing business with you." he smiled, handing him a card, returning to the bar for space-poon.

You gave your parking receipt to a stranger?" Uka asked the Captain with a look of exhaustion. Marley hopped down from his chair and approached.

"That is a bad idea Lawg." he muttered.

"Well...he needed to know what ship to go to. I didn't have paper and pen handy so I gave him the stub, so what?" Lawg asked.

"You realize he could have just handed that to the desk clerk and got right on the ship, right? Moreover, if none of us were on the ship, he could have stolen it. You do grasp why that is the dumbest thing you have done since you tried to weaponize the toaster?" asked Uka.

"Toast-inator almost worked. Also...he paid 300 credits. All we gotta do is tolerate him for 2 days tops and drop him off at Theta Station 33, which we were going to already. What is the big deal?" asked Lawg.

"The big deal?!?" barked Uka. "You just invited a stranger to our ship, we have no idea who he is, and it's a terrible idea to just be letting hitchhikers tag along on a whim over a few hundred credits!" she hollered as Roy showed up and she caught a glimpse of him. He smiled slightly as he flexed his chiseled arms.

"Hi, I'm Roy. Supposed to be here at noon." he smiled with a gleam. Uka's eyes got bigger then usual.

"Right this way sir." she giggled. "You can have my bunk, I'll sleep...somewhere, it doesn't matter. Let me get your bags." she said almost drooling. Lawg stood looking jealous as Duffy approached. Marley looked confused.

"That was weird...she sure changed her tune...is it mating season for humanoids?" he asked.

"It is now." smirked Duffy. Lawg elbowed her and she elbowed him back, almost dropping him. Lawg wheezed and looked mad.

"Come on, he's not THAT great looking. That dumb little pink Mohawk tells the story, plus he was flirting with me at the bar." Lawg explained.