Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I've been working at Romero Scrapyard for about three months now and I love the guys I work with. I have learned that they are a little protective of the ones that they see as family and I am quickly learning that I am included in that category. It's Friday night and I am sitting at the bar with Angel and Coco and EZ is behind the bar, helping serve drinks. "Get Princesa another beer prospect." Angel says. I look at him and ask "Are you trying to get me drunk?" He laughs and says "Nah. If we were doing that we'd be giving you shots." I shake my head and laugh. I sit on the stool and look around and see all the guys hanging out. Creeper is making out with a girl in the corner. Bishop is by the pool table dancing with a girl. Taza is playing the guitar on the couch and Riz is sitting on one of the couches reading a book with a girl snuggled into his side. Gilly comes out from the hallway where the dorms are with a girl and comes to the bar where we are sitting. "Hey Kris." Lanie says. "Hey Lanie. Having fun?" I ask and smirk as Gilly pulls her into his side. "Big fun." she tells me and I bust out laughing with her and the guys just shake their heads. Looking around, the only one that I don't see is Hank. "Where's Hank?" I ask. "Had an errand to run." Coco tells me and about that time, he walks in and takes the seat next to me. "You good brother?" Angel asks and he just nods as EZ hands him a beer. I look at him and he leans over and kisses my temple like they all do. After a while, I claim a dorm and as I walk into mine, Hank walks into the one next door. "Night Princesa." he says. "Night Hank." I say before heading inside and locking the door.

The next day, I head into the main room for coffee before work. I get my coffee and head by the table where Hank and Bishop are sitting with their own coffees. "You heading in?" Bishop asks. "Yeah. Have a few things I need to get done before the guys come in and fuck everything up again." I tell him and we laugh a little. "We'll be in soon." he tells me and I nod before walking out the door. As I walk out the door, Hank watches me go. Bishop looks at him and smirks. "Something you wanna talk about brother?" Bishop asks. Hank looks back down at his coffee and shakes his head. "Talk to her brother. She'd be good for you." Bishop says. "Yeah, maybe." Hank says before taking his coffee cup to the kitchen. Standing at the sink, he thinks about what Bishop said and starts forming an idea.

I am in the office, working on calculation from the day before when Bishop walks in. I look up and Bishop asks "I'm sending Chucky for breakfast. You want anything?" I look up and say "Yeah, bacon and egg sandwich." I say and start to grab money out of my bag and he says "We got it." I look at him. "Are you sure?" I ask and he nods. I go about working and a little later, Hank walks in. "Breakfast is here." he says before handing me my sandwich. "Thanks Hank." I say and he just nods. I look at him for a second and he's a nice looking man but he'd never go for someone like me. I'm 5ft tall and a little on the thick side and he's tall, broad and tattooed. Just like I like my men but that won't happen. "You okay?" He asks. "Yeah. I better get this done." I say as I turn back around and he walks out of the office.

That night, there's another party and I am back at the bar with Gilly and Lanie, watching them all over each other. "You two really should get a room." I say laughing. "Good idea Princesa." he says before kissing my cheek and leading her down the hall and I just shake my head. EZ places another beer in front of me and I just look down at it. "You okay?" he asks. I look at him and say "Let me ask you something." He nods and I say "What's wrong with me?" I ask. "What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with you." he tells me. I shake my head and he asks "What's going on?" I look at him and say "I'm into this guy but I know he doesn't see me like I do him." He laughs and says "Please tell me it's not Angel." I shake my head and say "Hell no." I laugh with him. "Seriously. There's nothing wrong with you. Who is it you're into?" he asks. "Doesn't matter." I say as I walk away from the bar and out the door. As I walk out onto the porch, I almost run into Hank. "Shit. Sorry Hank." I say. "You okay?" he asks. I nod and say "Yeah. Just heading home. See you Monday." I say as I slip by him and to my car.

Getting to my car, I see a piece of paper on my windshield. Picking it up, I open it and see that it's in Spanish. Una hermosa mujer. Deberías tener el mundo. (Such a beautiful woman. You should have the world.) it reads. I look around and don't see anyone. Who could have put this here? I look at the note again and a small smile comes to my face. I get into my car and head home and I read the note again before getting into bed and falling asleep.

The next day, Lanie comes over and we are sitting on the couch, drinking coffee while we talk. "What's up with you?" she asks. I pick the note up off the table and say "When I left the clubhouse last night, this was on my windshield." I tell her and she looks at it and smiles. "Holy shit." she says and I say "I know." She hands it back to me and I put it back on the table and she asks "You know who left it?" she asks. "No. I know who I wish it was but I doubt it's him." I tell her. She knows about my crush on Hank but says. "Well, maybe Casanova will reveal himself soon." she says. "I hope so. When I found it, I looked around but no one was outside. But I swear if this is Angel fucking with me I'll kill him." I say. "You know as well as I do, Angel would never think to write something like that." she tells me and I know she's right.