"Hi, there," Alisha greeted the woman working the counter with a friendly smile, "We're here to pick up orders. Turner, Borne, and Torrez, please! And we'll be doing a fitting in store."

The woman with a resting, bored expression, immediately brightened up at the mention of the names, recognizing the name and the money attached to each and every one of them. "Yes, of course, go ahead and take a seat, I'll send employees over to help with you ladies."

"Thanks so much," Alisha said with a dazzling smile as they made their way over to the fitting area. Normally, Norman would be disdainful at having to sit through such an event as a dress fitting and be the only boy there, but if he was being honest, he loved his girls. Besides, they knew he would always be honest about how they looked because he was at a point in their friendships that they valued honesty over anything. It was why he and Alisha were as close as they were.

Alisha's dress was first, a pitch-black tea-length dress with skirt Norman wanted to say was tulle, but he really didn't know the difference between that or organza. Considering he knew the names of any fabrics at all, he was surprised he didn't start suspecting he was gay earlier in life.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Alisha sighed, asking the group, "Do I look like a goth bitch?"

Gemma nodded before hesitating, "Wait... do you want us to say yes? If that's what you're going for, then absolutely. What color are you accessorizing?"

"Gold, duh. And yes, goth bitch is the move," Alisha explained as she twirled around, admiring herself in the mirror, "Fuck all the bitches in flower crowns, I will be wearing a gold laurel I don't give a fuck. I wanna look like Persephone in the wintertime."

"Then yes, you nailed it," Lila nodded, all three of them happily laughing at each other's antics. "Oh, my turn next. Alisha, I think we accidentally matched, my dress is black and gold, too."

The dark-haired girl just smiled, "Then, I guess it's a good thing we're going together, huh? We're gonna be the most stylish bitches in there. And you, too, Gemma."

"Wow, thanks guys," Norman exclaimed in mock offense as he laid back on the couch, watching the girls. Even though he absolutely hated getting all dressed up in a stiff suit for parties, he loved seeing how much it excited them. Especially since he knew it was all their goal to look better than Sarah Cameron who Alisha said was no doubt going to look like a "basic bitch" as she put it.

Lila came out in her dress, black with gold leaves and vines interwoven heavily on the top before becoming more scattered into a loose skirt. Sixteen must have been a big deal because he did not remember the girls getting this dressed up last year. He wore pretty much the exact same suit every year, though, so he knew if he called them out it wasn't like he'd have a leg to stand on considering how incredibly boring his outfits were.

While Lila and Alisha were chatting about their dresses, Norman turned to his side and he noticed Gemma nervously wringing her hands as she waited to try on her dress. Right away he could tell something was off with the usually bright and relaxed girl.

"Gem, what's up?" Norman asked quietly to save her from the attention of the other two girls. He didn't want to get them worked up over nothing while they were so caught up in their moment with each other. Lila and Alisha deserved this moment where they got to step out as a couple for the first time. He hoped he would get that with someone one day.

Gemma smiled, but there was something off, "Oh, um, I just... this is my first year going to Midsummer in a dress. I mean, coming up on a year since I started, this is just... insane. In a good way, of course. But still weird. What if I don't look as good as Alisha or Lila?"