chapter twenty nine

florence sat on the couch next to klaus. diego and five were stood up, talking about what to do next.

florence paid close attention to five as he hobbled over towards the exit after agreeing with diego that harold jenkins was the priority right then.

"hey, five. why're you limping again? i thought you decided to grow a pair."

"i thought that you could be quiet for at least 20 seconds, but i guess we were both wrong," he narrowed his eyes at her.

"and you would know all about that, wouldn't you?" florence smirked at five. he rolled his eyes in response, not thinking that this was the best time to be saying this stuff.

both of them were cut off by a knife flying in klaus' direction, slicing through the couch just millimetres away from klaus' crotch.

both florence and klaus had wide eyes. they scurried off the couch and grabbed some shoes on the way out. they sat themselves in the back seat with five behind the wheel and diego riding shotgun.

"so, where are we going first?" florence asked.

"harold's place is the first stop. it would seem reasonable to go there, considering he does kinda live there," diego stated.

"maybe we'll find more of those lovely pictures of us with our faces burned off," klaus said, sarcasm leaking in his voice.

"we can bring them home and frame them," florence replied.

florence spun around and put her hand over her mouth to avoid vomit from coming out. she was the first to enter the house and saw harold's very dead body lying on the floor. he had a lot of knives poking out of his chest. they boys stood around his body.

"well, we can't really frame this," florence said, trying not to gag.

five stood staring intensely at the body as diego, klaus and florence all went to walk away before the police showed up and saw them at the crimescene. diego was still a wanted man.

five stopped them all and crouched down next to the body. he took the eyeball out of his pocket and lifted up harold's eye patch. 

"five, that's disgusting," florence said, trying her hardest not to heave. 

five took no notice and sunk the eyeball into the dead man's empty eye.

it was a match.

five dug the eyeball out of the hole.

"yay! let's go now," klaus attempted to leave with florence, but diego pulled both of them back. 

five got the note out of his pocket that he had gotten from the commission. 

"...the one that says protect harold jenkins, aka leonard peabody," five gestured to the dead body, "but who killed him? who did this?"

"maybe it was natural causes," florence joked.

five couldn't take it anymore. he disappeared from florence's side.

florence scoffed, "why couldn't he take me with him?" she said to mainly herself.

"i have a crazy idea, but why don't we find vanya and ask her what happened?"

the three siblings arrived back to the academy in search for vanya. they split up to look all over the house for her. 

as florence was going up the stairs, she was met with five's face.

"didn't we agree that you weren't gonna disappear on me?"