chapter sixteen

"i can't find him," florence threw her arms up in distress. she had been looking for klaus all around the house.

"did anyone take a bath earlier?" everyone shook their heads.

"well, the water's still warm." a thought dawned upon florence.

"do you think one of those psychos took him?" she asked, a worried look began to show on her face.

"that's a possibility," allison sadly nodded her head as she could see her sister starting to get upset.

"we need to go and look for him. now," florence walked towards the front door.

"not right now, flo. you should get to bed and have a good sleep. you need it after today. we can look for him tomorrow," diego appeared behind her and lifted her up. he took her up the stairs.

florence wriggled our of his grip and landed on her feet with a thud. she angrily turned around to face her brother.

"what the hell, diego? he's our brother! plus, five isn't home yet. god knows where he is, or if he's even okay!" florence had never shouted at diego before. he looked taken aback.

"don't you think i'm worried about him too? i grew up with him as well. five survived over sixteen years on his own, i'm sure he's fine!"

florence paused for a second, "you're such an asshole." she spun around on her heel and made her way to her room, leaving diego where he was.

five had said that what he was doing wouldn't take long.

why wasn't he back yet?

no matter how much she wanted to go and look for both five and klaus, she was too tired.

maybe she should listen to diego and go to sleep. she's had a stressful day. plus, the quicker she goes to sleep, the quicker she can wake up and look for five and klaus.

"rise and shine, elsa. we don't have all day. hope you're out of your tantrum phase because i really don't want to put up with your moaning."

florence was rudely awoken by diego stomping into her room and opening her curtains.

"can you stop doing this?"

"well, i have some important things to tell you," diego came and sat on the end of florence's bed. she was now sat up rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"go on then. hey, can we look for klaus and five today?"

"that's what i was about to get onto. me and luther are going to go and look for five. i was wondering if you would want to come with us?"

"is that even a question?" diego chuckled at his sister's eagerness.

"i guess not."

"what was the other thing?" diego turned serious all of a sudden. his face showed sadness, breaking his usual emotionless demeanour.

"mom's gone."

"what do you mean?"

"allison and luther found her after you'd gone to bed. those two idiots must've sliced her arm and cut her wires. she's gone, flo."

florence's face fell.

first dad, now mom?

she stayed silent, not really knowing what to say. she decided to change the subject as she could see that her brother was getting upset.

"i'm sorry for shouting at you last night, diggy. i was just tired and stressed and-" diego cut her off so she wouldn't have to keep going on.

"i know, i know. it's okay, i forgive you. i'll leave you to get ready," he said with a smile and walked out of her room.