chapter nineteen

about an hour later, luther was back. five had decided to officially tell him about the apocalypse. well, explain it more.

five was sat in the bed with his clothes back on. florence was sat next to him, as close as she could possible get. luther was at opposite both of them.

"when's it supposed to be happening? this apocalypse," luther questioned five after he had told him about what had happened in those forty-five years alone. florence stayed silent.

"i can't give you the exact hour, but from what i could gather, we have four days left." five looked down.

"why didn't you say something sooner?"

"it wouldn't have mattered."

florence had heard all of this before, so she took some time to concentrate on her own thoughts.

she couldn't imagine what stuff five had seen. it must've been so hard for him.

"i found all of you. your bodies," florence listened to the conversation.

"we die?" luther asked curiously

five swallowed hard. florence could see that he was getting upset, so she wrapped her arms around his waist and leant into him. he put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer, leaning on the top of her head.

"horribly," five quietly replied.

five chucked luther the eyeball that was in his hand when five found him and explained where it came from. he also mentioned that he had already tried to find out who it belongs to.

"it's just another hunk of glass," five said as luther passed it back to him. florence could see the unnoticeable tears that were making his eyes glossy.

suddenly, the door burst open.

"piece of shit," diego mumbled to himself as he stormed over towards where five and florence were sat. luther got up and restrained him, lifting diego off his feet.

florence found this the perfect time to quickly swizzle fives jawline to face towards him and give him a quick kiss. after all, there were only four days left.

five smiled at her.

maybe this isn't going nowhere.

they both turned their heads back to luther and diego, who hadn't seen what just happened (thank god).

"our brother's been pretty busy since he got back," diego snarled, pointing at the boy next to florence.

florence sighed. she knew exactly where this was going.

"diego, please. not now. just let him expla-"

"stay out of this, flo." florence kept quiet and let diego say what he needed to.

"they just killed my friend," diego's voice broke. florence's face fell.

"patch?" she asked her brother quietly. he only nodded his head in return. she knew how much he cared about her.

before florence even knew what was happening, diego was slamming the door shut.

luther turned around. florence hadn't heard this part of five's story, so this was a first for her as well.

he explained how the handler had found him and how his job worked.