chapter thirteen

this was major deja vu for the pair.

here they were again, in the same bathroom. this was the third time in twenty-four hours that they had been in this exact same position.

florence took off five's blazer and unbuttoned his shirt, just like she had done the night before.

"you know, this reminds me of a scene from my dreams," he looked up at the ceiling and smirked.

florence looked at five in disbelief and hit his non-injured arm.

"you slept in my room last night as well!"

"so? can't stop a man's needs."

florence just gave five a glare.

"i might start getting shot more often. i'm beginning to enjoy this. next time, i'll injure my thigh, and then you'll have to ta-"

"don't even think about finishing that sentence. if you do this again, i refuse to help you." florence didn't make eye contact with five as she got the tweezers and began to remove the bullet. he's lucky it didn't go any deeper.

he clenched his jaw in pain. florence took this time to admire his perfect jawline. she probably should've been concentrating more though.

florence accidentally yanked the bullet a bit to hard. she got a bit too distracted.

five seethed in pain from the very sudden movement.

"i'm so sorry!" florence apologised over and over again. once the bullet was fully out, five spoke up.

"you could've stared at me at anytime, but you chose to do it when you're removing a bullet from my arm?" five joked.

"hey, i can't help it."

florence immediately regretted saying that after it had come out of her mouth.

his ego didn't need to be fuelled anymore than it already was.

"i shouldn't have-" florence groaned at her mistake before five cut her off.

"yeah, i can't help that i'm hot." he said with a monotone voice.

his dark green eyes were staring into her own pair of eyes. she turned away to get the disinfectant and once again, tipped a bit onto a cotton wool ball like she had done earlier that day.

"you're such a cocky bastard."

"aw, c'mon flossie. you know that you wouldn't have it any other way."

"is that so?" florence replied at the smirking boy. a questioning eyebrow was raised towards him.

"you know s-. ow! give me a warning next time!" five was taken aback by the sudden stinging sensation that came from his upper arm.

florence showed no remorse for her actions, "you were saying?" she asked, innocently tilting her head.

now she was the one smirking. five jokingly glared at her.

"oh, ha ha." he said sarcastically, "i'm laughing my absolute ass off over here."

florence let out a giggle in reply to his sarcasm.

"you know, i'm gonna run out of thread if you keep making me stitch you up. what even happened this time?"

"two guys in kids masks. i grabbed my coffee machine which is the main thing. that's what was in the bag."