3

(mayas pov)

"good morning"

carina woke up beside me and I remembered what happened last night. Felt not good to be honest. Not because of Carina she was literally one of the best things that happened to me that day. She saved me from feeling even more lost.

"hey... are you feeling better?" I nodded. I don't exactly know if it was true but she definitely made me feel better at the moment.

I looked at her. Her eyes gave me some kind of peace. I don't know what it is about them. "Are you hungry?" I asked her. I really wanted her to feel okay too. "Im gonna make us some coffee and a sandwich okay?"

"Thank you maya and a kiss" I smiled. "Oh yes come here"

It felt good feeling her again.

"I have to go soon tho I'm so sorry"

"me too."

"My shift begins in an hour" I told her.

We ate and then she grabbed her stuff and went to work and I drove to the station.

I love work... but recently, since i'm captain things got rough. I feel like they don't like me anymore. Out of nowhere everyone hates me. Inclduding myself sometimes. I just hope it will be okay today.

I came and changed into my uniform. Most of them said hello but had no interest in further converations with me...

I sat to Andy who has ignored me for three days straight for no valid reason except me becoming captain of station 19 but what did she expect? Me being sad about it...? oh god I just want to really work. To get called to some fires. I want to concentrate on my work rather than my thoughts. But I atually didn't really thought about my colleauges - who used to be my friends , i don't know if they still are though but - No i didnt tought about them. My mind was full with memories of last night. I don't know if this was something real.

Is she also thinking about me or did she already moved forward. I mean in her perspective all we did was drinking, eating, sharing a little percentage of our lives and making out. And on top of that there was me acting all weird because my anxiety said "hello" again. Wonderful.

Still i wanna see her again. I like miss her so bad.

"Maya? Are u here?"

"What?"

Miller looked at me

"wow you must have been swerved with your thoughts" I just looked at him trying to figure out how long he sat besides me

"yeah... sorry. What's up miller?"

" I just wanted to tell you that the psychologist is coming later today because of the major accident yesterday. She just wants to check in. Dixons order..."

"Ah okay... thanks for telling me but i have a appoinment at grey sloan around midday so i don't know if i can participate you know."

"is everything okay, what have you been thinking about?"

"no... everything okay... just the casual checkup you know"

"I see."

Now finally the alarm went on. My mind switched and I ran down to the truck I powered through the whole time. I'm demanding a lot from myself which is hard sometimes. Exhausting. Tiring. But it also brought me to who i am today. But well my life is a big mess anyways. And to this mess i found something beautiful.

I took a shower and then went to grey sloan. First of all i wanted to try to see carina but second i wanted to avoid to talk to the psychologist. Not in a good state right now to do this. If I would tell her everything she probably would suspend me for a few weeks. And that'd be the worst that could happen.

(Carinas pov)

I just checked in a women who started to have labours but other than that nothing really exciting happened. But it's also my first day here and I barely know anybody but my brother so. But at least he was kind of cute and introduced me to the others. We aren't that close so I appreciated that. But I hadn't found the time to talk to some of the doctors privately but dr shepherd and altman seemed so nice. And they are besties I think. Tomorrow I'll try to talk to them if the time seems right.

I went down to the cafeteria because except the sandwich i didnt really ate something today.

Then I saw a blondie in the entrance and I instantly thought about maya. I wondered if she had an appointment since a lot of firefighters seem to have their checkups at the hospital nearby.

She seemed to ask the nurse something. I walked to them to see if I could help.

"Can I help you out with something?" I smiled at the nurse and the blonde women.

"Carina" She looked at me. It was Maya.

"heey, everything okay with you? Why are you in the hospital?" I asked her

the nurse said that she was asking for me and then she left and I had a little more privay with maya. Before she answered I told her to come with me to the cafeteria I bought her a coffee and some cookies. Then I took her into that blue room I just found out about today but I loved it.

"so... whats up maya?" she sat beside me and took a zip from her coffee before she anwered. I felt like she is somehow nervous which made me feel sorry for her already.

She looked at me "I missed you very much today..." I was surprised. Someone never truly missed me when I think about that. And she doesn't even know me. But I mean what was I supposed to say. Looking at her face I saw that there has to be so much going on in her mind plus she was so damn beautiful.