16

(carinas pov)

"it was... my..."

she stuttered and took another breath trying to get out what had clearly affected her mind today.

"it's okay, take your time."

"my dad came, I guess he wanted to check on me..."

By the mention of her dad my heart stopped for a second and I guess I couldn't conceal my shook.

"what's wrong?" she asked my with a scared voice.

i tried giving her an reassuring smile.

"it's okay... I just... what did he say?"

It all came back to me now, what I've been trying to forget. Even if I knew this wasn't something you just forget.
Her nightmares, her bad night sleep most of the time, the mention of her dad in her bad dreams she seems to have often these days, when she has too much on her mind.

"Can you come here please?"
Even if there was still a weird feeling in my gut, I couldn't just leave her alone.

"thank you..." she looked at me, her eyes darker than usual.

"can we talk tomorrow maybe? it was a lot today and I'm exhausted..."

oh yes she's right it definitely was a lot today... and I could tell she's been exhausted and so am I. I don't wanna force something out of her today,
so I thought it's the best thing to get to this heavy topic tomorrow.

"yes, okay. But promise me you won't run again. baciami?"

"was that kiss me?" she asked surprised and finally smiled again

"yes bambina"

she gave me the purest and softest kiss ever and I just held her the tightest I could, remembering I don't ever want to loose her

"I love you carina, thank you..."

she said letting out a sigh.

"me too... we will get through this but you have to trust me okay?"

she nodded and closed her eyes, her head resting on my chest...

we probably should head back to mayas apartment but I guess she won't leave this bed today.
I hope Vic isn't mad.
I wanted to text her but I left my phone in the living room.
If Amy would have texted back right now...?

I thought about getting up and getting it, but mayas breath was becoming slower and deeper. I don't wanna wake her when she finally gets some rest.

I just layed there. I had so many questions and so many thoughts but the most important one was that I have her back right now.

I heard a silent knock on the door, I whispered a yes, which Vic luckily heard.

"Are you okay?"

she asked.

I smiled at her gesturing to my sleeping girlfriend on top of me.

Vic came nearer, just looking at her smiling and rubbing my arm.

"I'm glad she found you."
"I'm glad I found her."

"I'm gonna wake her up and then we'll leave Vic, sorry for just crashing in here"

"No... no. You can stay here for the night. It's fine."

"thank you, could you bring me my phone and my headphones, I can't quite move" I smirked looking at Maya.

"Sure? need something else?"

"nope thank you again."

I slowly lifted up a bit so I could take my phone, this movement wasnt remained unnoticed by Maya.

slowly opening her pretty eyes

"where are you going...? should we go home?"

"We are staying right here for tonight, I'm not going anywhere."

I softly tucked a loose hair strand behind her ear.
and saw the red spot on her cheek, it was smaller and harder visible but it still remained.

my thump slowly stroked her cheek, I know what might have happened now and it breaks my heart and all I wanted to do right now was showing her I loved and cared for her.

she let out a content sigh.

"close your eyes again Bella, I'm here"

caressing her cheek, I put my headphones in and put on some music and checked my phone.

one new message from amy

hey, what's the situation, sry I didn't checked my texts and went baby shopping with link.

isn't it a bit too early for that? ;)

I carefully took a picture of me and maya, which she luckily now, didn't noticed at all.

I sent it to amy and wrote

"we figured stuff out... 🥺"
as a caption.

"you are so cute, damn. remember I'm still for you both okay?"
-from amy

I thought a while and then sent the image to Maya as well, I wanted to surprise her, hoping she isn't mad finding out about secret sleeping pictures, although I have an exuse, she is cute.

"ti amo bambina <3"

I smiled and closed my eyes listening to the lyrics, which just seemed to fit everything right now.

-Don't know if you know, but I just want to tell you so
That you're the wisest funny one that I will ever, ever know
A hundred mini dreams and a healing scar
The secrets of the day are never far
I don't know where we're going but God it's a start
I just want to be counting stars with you-

and so I slowly drifted off, my hand still remaining on her cheek.

an; hope you liked this chapter, let's see what the talk brings. / suggestions and feedback is appreciated

*the lyrics are from the song hugging you- tom rosenthal, billie marten