five // cuddles & texting

Start from the beginning

Marinette giggles and lays her head on my chest.

"About time. I'm her best friend after all," she mumbles like she's drunk. "She's gonna kill me."

"What?" I ask, confused.

She looks confused as well, but then smiles and continues to cuddle me. "Oh, she doesn't know yet. Never mind."

My heart races in my chest. Is Marinette Ladybug? I start thinking of how she would always disappear when there was an akuma attack. Her dark hair and blue eyes. It would make sense...

But then Alya's text hits me. Marinette is sleep deprived. What if I got my hopes up for no reason? She was probably just babbling nonsense. I quietly sigh but still keep the thought in the back of my head.

Marinette squeezes me. "Your hugs are very nice, if I do say so myself."

I chuckle. "You're very cute when you're half asleep."

"What was that?" She mutters slowly lifting her head up to look at me.

My face immediately turns bright red when I realize what I said. "I- uh, actually I don't know myself."

She giggles and taps my noes with her finger. "Boop!"

I sigh. "Alright princess, I think I have to get home..."

"No."

"Pft, excuse me?!" I laugh.

She smiles half-asleep. "I don't want you to. Sleep with me."

"M-MARINETTE?!"

"Oh, that did not come out right," she giggles.

I look at her surprised. "No, it really didn't!"

She stays quiet, waiting for an answer from me.

I sigh looking away. "Fine, but promise me you'll sleep. You're too much when you're sleep deprived."

She yanks my hand and I fall back into the mattress. She rolls on her side to where her back is pressed against my stomach. I smile gently. What the hell, I might as well. I hold my arm across her shoulder and hold her, closing my eyes, slowly falling asleep as we spoon.

I don't know for sure, but I could have sworn I heard her mumble 'Adrien' in her sleep.

Beep beep beep...

I hear rustling around in the sheets and realized that someone turned off the alarm clock. I groan and sit up in the bed. I rub my eyes and run my hand through my hair. I slowly open my puffy eyes and glance around at my surroundings. Bright sun peaks through the blinds and rests against the light pink sheets. I smell a faint smell of pancakes accompanied by a light sizzling sound from bacon.

Where am I?

Wait. I slept over.

I'm wide awake now. I look down at my hands and gasp. I look over at her mirror and confirm. I'm sitting on my knees on top of Marinette's bed sheets with my messy bed-head accompanied by my baggy white t-shirt and sports shorts. Yep, I'm de-transformed.