She brings her eyes up to the cloudy skies. Her left hand was trembling, feeling the power surge through her. (Y/n) had figured out that her left hand was best at controlling her wind power. Fredrik had taught her that there are special channels in a demon's body that let power exist. The pentagram was a seal to allow power to flow in and out of their body. So by that logic, the line was a channel like a regular pentagram.

(Y/n) scans her surroundings, noticing that there was a group of people crowding around on roofs. She checks to see if (c/n) was still in the small sack and she was just happily sleeping like if nothing was going on. There's definitely something strange with this cat, she thinks as she swings over there in hopes that maybe Armin was there with them. Once she appears on the roof, Jean runs up to her.

"Have you seen Armin?" (Y/n) cuts him off and he shakes his head.

"Our tanks are low on fuel and the supply team hasn't come to help us" Jean responds, his face falling. He brings his hands up to her face, holding it softly, and he stares into her eyes, "I'm glad that you're here,  safe with me for now."

"(Y/n)!" Connie yells at her but stops in his tracks when he notices that his friend was definitely about to kiss her. (Y/n) turns her head towards Connie, completely ignoring how Jean was leaning his face into hers.

"Connie, did you see Armin on his way here?" (Y/n) asks him, her arms grabbing onto his shoulders to secure him in place.

"No, I'm sorry" Connie replies and his lips turn down in a frown, "What are we going to do? We're trapped on these roofs. Where are the officials?"

"They gave up on fighting, they decided to trap themselves in HQ" Jean speaks up, pointing at the building full of titans, "I understand why they did it. We're all doomed."

"Tch. They're bastards that turn their backs on comrades" (Y/n) yells out in anger, catching the attention of the other cadets. She turns to them, raising her hands up like if she was priest, "Listen up, all of you. We're going to make our way to HQ. It's the only way we have a chance at survival. Those how are skilled in ODM gear will lead in the front, the sides, and the back-"

"Wait a minute" a random Garrison soldier shouts, "Who do you think you are for giving us orders?"

"I'm your god damn last hope" (Y/n) shouts back, stomping her foot on the ground, "Put your faith in me and you won't die in vain! Some of us won't make it, and I will hold that burden for the rest of my life. But if you die, you die in your families' and your friends' sake. So man the fuck up, all of you, and follow me!"

Everyone stayed silent. The members of the 104th Cadet Corps that had trained with her couldn't believe that someone who was always being lazy and getting the worst grades was claiming that she would lead them. The Garrison members couldn't believe that a kid was shouting out orders at them especially one that is carrying a cat.

"Now, if you want a chance to live, then get closer to me so we discuss formation" (Y/n) commands, "For the rest who want to stay here, your fight is over. Thank you for serving."

Her words had reached the hearts of everyone around her. The honesty of her words and the powerful message behind them brought them close to her. Jean holds out his hand for (Y/n) and she takes it. She steps onto a higher part of the roof with the help of Jean. She saw the familiar faces of her friends, Armin was there with Mikasa. They were all looking at her, waiting for her next words.

"The Garrisons will take the front, back, and sides, you guys have the most skill out of us here," she says, "The 104th Cadet Corps will handle the middle, however, some of us will join the Garrisons if they lose numbers. We will form a diamond shape, it cannot be broken. If you have complaints, then die with them."