𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE : Brunch and Scrutiny

EVERYONE sat around the oval glass table. Variety's of food and drinks placed in front of everyone as they conversed amongst themselves. Tony,Tre, and Jasmine sat across from Bianca, Anthony and Melanie.

"Anthony, what was the point of this brunch again? When we could be at home, relaxing." Bianca asked as she rubbed her hand on top of Anthony's.

" My best-friend cane back to us for the first time. We haven't gotten together and just really caught up with everyone so why not now. I'm not busy for the day so." Anthony smiled as everyone chimed in, in agreement making Melanie smile. Taking a sip of her Mimosa.

" Today was supposed to be our day though, plus she's not my best friend so why should I be here if that's-the case?" Bianca rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her bust, Tony and Tre sighed as Jasmine cleared her throat.

" Listen Mama, this is our best friend ok? Where you like it or not you have to be nice around her or there will be problems." Jasmine gave Bianca a look, causing Tony to touch hands with Jasmine to calm her down.

Melanie looked at Jasmine and gave her a smile before she slightly turning to Anthony.

"Anthony you didn't have to do this for me, honestly a gathering at my house would've been fine." Melanie said as her hand unconsciously rubbed against Anthony's exposed chest. A common habit she picked up when being around Anthony that she couldn't help but to not do.

Tony and Tre looked at each other knowing how things could possibly turn out while Jasmine decided to keep to herself. Anthony stayed still with his hands to himself as he glanced at Melanie a few times.

" You're really gonna let her touch you like that Anthony while I'm right here?"  Bianca asked as she placed her had on Anthony's shoulder trying to gain his attention but he didn't pull himself to move.

He missed the touch of Melanie, he knew it was wrong but he couldn't pull himself to pull away from it focusing his gaze onto the food in front of him trying to regain is breathing.

"I'm his best friend sweetheart, there's nothing wrong with it. Right Anthony?" Melanie learned her head to the side as her eyes stayed glued to Bianca her lips inching closer to Anthony's ear to speak.

"Anthony?" Bianca tugs a bit on his arm. Anthony snapped his head to Anthony, coming out of his daze.

" What?" Anthony spoke, Bianca rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse, walking out of the venue. Anthony sighed and looked at Melanie giving her a stern look.

"Go ahead lover boy." Melanie smirked and placed a kiss on his cheek as she laid back against the chair, crossing her legs.

Anthony removed himself from the table and walked after Bianca. Melanie looked at the three in front of her with an innocent smile. Jasmine smiled and got up from the table as she downed her mimosa.

"Melanie let's go in the water, I didn't bring my swimsuit for nothing." Jasmine pulled off her dress revealing the yellow bikini, setting it into Tony's lap as he watched her.

Melanie did the same as she downed her drink and moved from behind the table. Waiting for Jasmine to walk with her into the beach. Tony and Tre stayed back as they watched the girls in the distance.

" Anthony is clearly so delusional, I know people who would kill to have Melanie as theirs." Tre comments making Tony agree with him.

Anthony walked back into the Venue, pulling out his seat. His face was fixed with confusion and worry, Tony and Tre leaned up to the table awaiting for Anthony's comment.

" There was a problem with the money being Wired to Alondra, we have to meet up with him now." Anthony texted for a driver , Tony and Tre sighed as to thinking they would get a break from all their illegal activities for the day.

"Alright Let's go." Tony stood , setting Jasmines dress on her chair. They all went down to bid the girls bye before going to fix whatever miscommunication they've been set up for.