20

Ariella's PoV

As I watched him visibly distance himself from me, I felt a little sad. It felt weird for him to reject me so clearly. Ever since I had come back, he was by my side, looking after me and we grew closer and closer together as if we were actual full-blooded siblings.

Step by step, Alfie backed away as he then ran out, towards his room, going up the stairs.

Hurriedly, I grabbed the crutch nearby and jumped up, only to fall back on the chair due to my lack of balance.

Leaning on the arm of the chair, I sighed with my brows creased.

I didn't want to see Alfie so hurt and distant to me. It wasn't what I was use to but I knew that I had to give him space, to let time heal his fears.

This also made me pray that I wouldn't have another sudden attack like recently as well.

Not only for myself, but also for the people around me. I had to stay strong and continue to live on.

Ricky went after Alfie slowly, leaving Bethany is come over and lightly hug me and Edward picked up the fallen crutch to hold onto it, his expression not quite right. Amelia stood still on the spot.

"Are you feeling okay now? Does anything feel wrong?" Bethany asked softly and carefully, scanning her eyes over my body, resting a little longer on my legs and then looking towards the crutch that Edward held.

"I'm fine. I'll get better. But... Alfie..."

"He's only scared. He... Doesn't want to see you like this."

Nodding, I sat myself down properly, leaning back on the plush cushions as I looked at the three familiar faces and let out a small smile.

"It's been a while since I've seen you guys!" I began. "Hopefully I'll be able to go back to school soon. My leg is regaining it's feeling too so dad won't be able to stop me from going."

"Your leg?" Amelia then stepped forwards, her eyes a little teary as she fell on her knees. "You scared me so bad! You better not sleep in front of me again!"

"I'm sorry... I do wake up normally now though! I can't stay awake forever." I chuckled lightly.

"What's wrong with you?" Edward spoke out. "It was you, wasn't it? The girl in the Etson Private Hospital that I bumped into. The girl that dropped the notebook."

There was a slight pause as his burning eyes looked at me. Bethany and Amelia couldn't help but focus on my face as well.

"Yes... I thought you wouldn't realise."

"You looked really different, without glasses and the long hair. You were also much more smaller and pale, never would I think that you were actually the same age as me. Sorry I noticed so late."

"It's okay. I never wanted for you to recognise me anyways. At that time, I was really at my lowest. I must have looked horrible."

Seeing their clear and sad eyes, as well as their silence, I decided to go ahead and tell them what had happened to me.

The time where we knew each other wasn't particularly long, but the way we knew each other was as if we were childhood friends.

Plus, one of the listeners was actually my crush...

I felt that if I could trust anyone, it had to be them. Ricky as well. Although he is a joker and a mischievous person, he was absolutely trustworthy and I'm grateful that he want after Alfie to check on him when I couldn't do so freely.

Recalling everything was slightly nostalgic as I remembered my long dream, but of course I wouldn't tell them about that. That could stay as my own fantasy.

From the day that dad had left me to aunt and uncle, till the day that I fell asleep, and then to the day when I finally woke up, as well as the day that I had met them all, I told all of it simply.

For them, they seemed to be on an emotional rollercoaster as their faces were etched with various expressions.

I smiled, as I felt their care through their silent actions. Their faces that told me that they had cared for a person like me. It was a slightly wonderful feeling. But that also felt wrong because they were upset yet I was rejoicing about it.

The three were also good listeners, not making a sound as they enjoyed the story time.

"I never would have thought that the after effects of the coma would ever come again after the first few months that I had woken up in. It had all disappeared without a trace after four months, that's why. So to me, it was also a little shocking. I'm sorry for making you all worry. I'm really a bad friend, sister and daughter."

"That's not it! You've had your fair shares of suffering! We understand now! Don't worry, we'll help you and support you all along the way!" Amelia jumped onto me as she cried a little.

Bethany also placed her hand on my paralysed leg as she looked towards the floor, her sorrowful aura making me feel bad.

"Don't worry. You won't have to suffer alone anymore. Whenever you feel that anything is wrong, come to us. We'll be by your side." She muttered, her voice slightly trembling.

"Yup! Same to you guys. If anything is wrong, come to me."

"Yeah. We'll take you out much more and let you experience all the things that you were meant to experience! We'll go together to have new experiences." Amelia nodded as she got up from me, sniffing slightly. "Let's go around and play lots after you get better."

Nodding happily, I had no objections to her suggestion.

Before it was only Alfie taking me around to explain things, but now there will be a bigger group to accompany me.

"Thanks for opening up to us. Good job." A light caress on my head made me turn to the handsome teenager beside me.

"Thanks for accepting me."