7

Sitting on the grass whilst drinking a carton of apple juice, I watched my classmates run around energetically, warming up whilst breaking each other's bones with some weird pair stretches.

"Ariella. Do you have anything to do for this hour?" The physical education teacher, Mr Peter came jogging up to me.

Dad had specifically told the school that I couldn't take part in physical education until another half a year, where it would be exactly a year since I woke up and this would let the doctors completely see if my body is completely fine. Although I felt well, there were times, where I would feel very drowsy and want to drop dead.

"Sir. I'm fine, I'll be happy watching them." I smiled as I stuck my eyes onto the field.

Some students were curiously looking over but I avoided their eye contact. I didn't really feel like telling them about being in a coma for so long.

As I watched them run around, I noticed that Amelia was really enjoying herself, many more times that studying in the classroom as Bethany was a bit pale from the activity.

This term, it looked like they were doing regular athletics with different segments like sprinting, archery, long jump and shot-put.

Honestly, watching them sweat and pant made me tired myself just by watching them.

The only ones that were sprinting without much effort were Edward and his friend, Ricky.

Ricky was a reckless and loud person that was a person to create the atmosphere that had scruffy, long, platinum silver hair which he daringly dyed despite the school rules, but for some reason, the school has never been able to get him to dye his hair back ever since his first year apparently.

However, even if he looked good, my eyes turned to Edward. He had always seemed charming to me ever since we met at the hospital. Speaking of that meeting, I wonder if he recognised me...

As I was in a daze, a hand waved in front of me, making me snap out of it and look up to see Bethany.

"You're so luckyyyyy." She immediately complained as she plopped next to me. "I was never good at sports."

"You were doing great though. Amelia is really enjoying it." I smiled as I passed her a towel from the pile that was beside me.

"I would enjoy sitting with you until the end of class." She whined. "When are you able to join us?"

"In half a year." I replied with a smirk. I was truly grateful to Bethany for being my friend. She had asked when would I join and not why didn't I join which showed her considerate and careful behaviour around me. It showed that she cared.

"Then we need to make an excuse so I could sit out with you for half a year!"

We laughed together as Bethany was soon dragged away by some classmates and groaned whilst stretching and running.

After they went to go and change whilst I continued to lie on the grass as it was lunch right after. The sun was really bright...

"Sis. Are you okay?" A shadow draped over me as Alfie's face appeared.

"Today. It looked really fun." I started, looking at him dazedly. "Help me persuade dad."

"You know I won't do that. I feel the same as dad. We can do anything for you, but if it is going to risk your health don't think about it." He looked at me sternly. "Come on, get up, the sun is comfortable but you have been under it for too long."

Helping me up, he handed me a piece of bread, which I took and nibbled slowly.

"It's really a no?" I asked, peeking at him. Seeing his narrowed eyes and a sharp shake of his head, I sighed. "Sis feels so hurt. This is the first time you rejected me. I'm sure that Teddy would have helped me..."

"He wouldn't have." Alfie said with a confident smile. Taking me back in, we waved goodbye and headed to our own classes.

The class had already finished changing and most of them assembled back in the classroom as some headed outside for lunch. There was also people from other classes coming in.

"Ariella!" Amelia called waving her hand. "Did you see it? My stunning star performance." She smirked, striking a weird pose. I laughed at her silliness and nodded.

"You were stunning. That brilliant form. The large strides full of competitiveness." I nodded my head, as we grasped one another and laughed. We really were weirdos.

But, I kept in mind. There was another person that was stunning too. Edward.

As I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, I couldn't help but smile.

🌸🌸🌸

As the chime for the end of the day rang, I let out a sigh and quickly packed up my books, stuffing them in my bag as I got ready to leave.

"Ariella. See you tomorrow." Bethany called. "And ask if you can hang out with us after school tomorrow, we are planning to go out to a cake buffet!"

"Yeah." I replied as I waved at her and Amelia, leaving the classroom and walking down to the school entrance, seeing Alfie leaning on the door as I sped up a little.

"Let's hurry home. It seems that uncle, aunt and Ted is coming to visit us today, dad just called me."

"Okay. But say, am I that unreliable?" I pouted, nudging my little brother as he blinked his eyes. "Why didn't dad call me?"

Laughing slightly, he pat my head. Although I was older, he was still taller.

"Dad is just used to calling me for this sort of stuff. Stop using your brain for nonsense. Come on. Let's go." Taking my bag and swinging it on his back, we walked out on the way home.

I felt a bit uncomfortable.

After waking up, Ted had come over occasionally accompany us but regarding my uncle and aunt, I had known them before I slept in that coma.

They were the ones who abandoned me.