Chapter 1

"RILEY HURRY UP. WE HAVE TOGET YOU TO THE AIR PORT BEFORE 6!" My aunty Lynda yelled from downstairs making me let out a loud groan and get up from the comfort of my bed and grab my things.
After mum died I guess that's all I have been doing. Eating, Sleeping and crying.
Mum died of lung cancer a few days ago, she was diagnosed when I was 14 and had been fighting for a good 3 years before she decided it was time to give up.

I brushed my long brown hair and tied it up into a messy bun before putting on my white tank top and baggy shorts, then slipping on my white jacket and white converse high tops and walked downstairs with my suit case.

Aunty Lynda was frantically running around checking that she hadn't missed anything before taking my bags and walking out the front door. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and took a large bite before Lynda came back.

"Riley c'mon, the plane won't wait for you" she spoke still making sure she hadn't forgotten anything. I sighed and walked towards the door before turning around and taking one last glance at the house before exiting and walking over to the car, opening the door and hopping in the front seat.

Lynda walked out of the house once again and shut the door grabbing her keys and locking it before stepping towards the car and getting into the drivers seat and starting it up.

"Look Ry I get that your mums death is really hard but can you at least try and be happy about seeing your dad? God only knows how happy he is to see you"

"Yeah. That's why he left when I was 3 and never came back again" I scoffed and looked out the window

Lynda sighed and backed out of the drive way, turning and driving to the airport. The car trip was getting to quiet for my liking so I took out my phone and started listening to time of your life by green day.

I hummed the lyrics and my mind drifted off to when me and mum used to sing it around the house, she was always into listening to music and laughing with me, we were inseparable. No one could tear us apart except the deadly disease that ended her life so quickly.

As we got to the airport and found a parking spot. Lynda and I immediately got out of the car and walked to the back and grabbed the bags and proceeded towards the main entrance if the airport.

Once we had checked in and got through security we waited by the gate that I would board my plane onto and I grabbed my phone out once again and as the screen lit up, a photo of me and mum flashed across the screen. Making tears slightly fill my eyes at the memory, her and I took it the day before she died and I thought she was going to be okay, I was clearly wrong.

"ATTENTION PLEASE. AIR FLIGHT TO AMERICA JS NOW BOARDING, ALL PASSENGERS PLEASE LINE UP NOW" the speaker announced and I grabbed my bags and hugged Lynda tightly.

"Don't you go getting into any trouble now" she playfully threatened trying not to cry
I nodded also holding back tears hugging her once more before I started to walk towards the gate

"AND WATCH OUT FOR THOSE BOYS!" She yelled making me laugh and nod once more before walking towards the plane

If only I had known how hard it was going to be to do that task...

(A/N) so hey guys, um this is like my first ever book and I'm actually excited about it. I've got a lot of ideas and tricks to go into this story and I hope you all like it. comment and vote for the next chapter xx love youuuuhh