Operation Exposed: Step 1

Allegra yawned in class. She saw the teacher stare at her like never before. Maybe it was because the blonde girl had never yawned in class before. Especially not the choir club.

She mumbled an excuse me and looked through the notes. The club had the assignment of choosing a song that the art, fashion, and writing club could get inspiration from. 

Allegra rubbed her eyes and used her other hand to scroll through songs. She wanted it to be inspiring and creative. She stifled another yawn and gripped her flute with her free hand. Ah! She put on her earbuds and listened to the song she might choose.

Song: Within Composition by Jeannine Goeckeritz and Stephen Nelson

She wrote down the right notes. 'Is this tune Sharp or Natural?' Allegra thought. She couldn't finish it, because Felix and Claude suddenly burst through the door. All the club's members whipped their heads at the sound, and most of them sighed at who it was. Then they all turned away and tried to ignore Mrs. Arnett's glare.

Claude's eyes lit up while the teacher's narrowed in suspicion. "Mr. Leroy, what are you doing here? You are interrupting the choir class." The brunette had a knack for being dramatic and pretty horrible at music.

Felix had an emotionless face. "Mrs. Arnett, we apologize for intruding so, but it is of utmost importance. Allegra's mother needed something vital, and you must excuse her for today."

Mrs. Arnett looked suspicious, but Allegra made her eyes a tiny bit teary by pinching herself really hard, and boom, the teacher was sold.

Mrs. Arnett looked Allegra in the eye. "How is your mother?"

Allegra's mother had breast cancer, and her father worked nearly 24-7. They barely saw each other, which mean Allegra took the responsibilities of taking care of Mrs. Clark while handling the pressure of friends, school, and flute.  "She's... alright. Just not much better. She's been taking her medication nicely."

Mrs. Arnett patted her back lightly and whoosh came out of her mouth. "Yes, of course, you can skip choir today. It's optional, but I hope you take it seriously." She turned to glance at the rest of the members, who all dutifully nodded. "Allegra, take an off day and help your mother," she dismissed, and Allegra grabbed her flute and cleaned it slowly as Felix trailed after Claude, who was bouncing around over.

She rubbed the cloth on the flute before rolling her eyes. "Guys, you didn't have to say about my mom."

Claude gave her a sympathetic smile. "Sorry. I couldn't think of anything."

Felix and Claude led her down the stairs, and Allegra startled at the sight of Allan. "Allan? How come you're back already?"

Allan looked left, and Allegra followed his gaze. A tall girl with black and purple hair quivered a bit in the shadows.

"Oh! Hi!" Allegra realized that this was why Allan texted her Step 1 was complete. "What's your name?"

The girl took a step out of the darkness. "My n-name is Juleka."

Allegra nodded. "Hello, Juleka. Do you know what we need you for?"

"Yes. To spy on Lila and our class." Juleka replied. "I'm sorry for what my and my class have done to Marinette."

"That's in the past now," Allegra smiled. "I just want to talk to you about it."

"O-Okay." Juleka stuttered.

"How about we meet you at Cafe Flèche?" Allegra asked, and the girl dutifully nodded. "Great! See you then! I gotta go home." 

Step 1 of Operation Exposed was a go.