Verite et Justice (Truth and Justice)

Allegra led Marinette and the group to their planned spot. They set up everything silently, the "fight" still spiraling in their minds. 

Allan passed his salad around, and Marinette settled in a comfortable sitting position, picking at the food before taking a bite. "It's really good Allan." She whispered.

Allan smiled weakly. "Thanks."

Allegra took Marinette's silky hair out of their pigtails and twisted it into a braid. The green-eyed girl noticed Felix's eyes land on it and a light blush spread on his cheeks.

 "Marinette." Allegra said slowly. "Who were those people? How do they know you?"

Claude gently patted Marinette back. "Yeah, you can tell us."

Felix nodded, his eyes filled with fury. "Whoever they are, I already hate them. And I'm sure that once I hear your story I will demolish those bonehead tools!"

Marinette grimaced. "T-They used to be my friends. Well, not Lila." At their confused looks she added, " the brunette." 

Allegra snarled. "Let me guess, she's the start of the wildfire?"

"Yeah, she's the start of it," Marinette said sadly. "Lila arrived in our class one day and started claiming that she was friends and related to so many celebrities. I was suspicious, and when she dragged Adrien, the blonde, to the park, I followed. She claimed outrageous things, but the most horrendous was that she was best friends with Ladybug. I didn't believe her, and when Ladybug immediately swooped in and called her out I knew I was right that Lila was a liar." She took a breath.

"What Ladybug did was wrong, calling Lila out. She became an Akuma." Marinette gulped. "A-And then she threatened me in the bathroom."

Claude rose up and turned away from them. Felix and Allegra immediately grabbed and yanked him back. Allan sighed. "Claude calm down. Remember Vanessa's Fire?"

Marinette's jaw dropped. "Who's Vanessa? Fire?"

Allegra patted Claude's shoulder as the blue-eyed boy seethed in anger. "Vanessa was a bully that trashed Claude's book of puns, ruined the school play when Claude was the lead, spilled ketchup on his new suit, all in one day. And let's not mention the time where she hacked into his account and ruined his homework. He had to do it all over again. Claude held it pretty well, I think. Then he lost it and lit her hair on fire. She deserved it though. Moved to another school."

"Ooookay, guys," Allan said, trying to let the intense awkwardness go. "Is that all, Marinette?"

"Unfortunately no," said bluenette sighed sorrowfully. "She came back and made more claims, each on more far-fetched than the rest. And instead of my class becoming suspicious, they became more enraptured, and one by one, they fell for her traps. Even my best friend."

"Let me guess, the infuriating red-head?" Felix asked.

"Alya," Marinette nodded. "Then summer came, and on the first day back to school I had the same class, again. It's like the school and Ms. Bustier wants me to suffer forever. Anyway, she lied that I bullied her throughout the summer, and I couldn't take it anymore. That's why I switched to your school." She smiled ruefully. "My mom thought it would be good for me."

Allegra grinned. "I know I shouldn't say this, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'm kinda happy she did that. We wouldn't have met you otherwise."

Marinette grinned. "I get what you mean. No offense taken, I love you guys." She held out her arms for a hug, which they piled upon. Well, except for Felix of course. He had to be dragged in as he was really reluctant when it came to touch.

"We love you too!" The said in unison as they hugged. "Verite et Justice!"

Marinette smiled. "Verite et Justice."