Chapter 24 ~ The Cast List

After about two weeks of Meg and Madame Giry here we had auditions. I'm so glad they're here and I'm glad we had auditions out of the way. Erik hated this because they weren't as professional as some of the singers in Paris. Although that wasn't as great either according to him; so I had to massage his shoulders every single audition to calm him down. So he could judge fairly.

A Lot of people wanted the same roles we already casted, but I reassured them understudies will be needed. So they were at least satisfied. A week after auditions were over, we had the cast list up. Some people moaned and groaned while others leaped for joy. We warned them all that if they disobeyed our orders and such they would be kicked off. The people who auditioned weren't people who worked at Phantasma entirely. Some of them were performs needing to get their big break.

"Are you ready to post the cast list up Christine?" I looked up from Mckayla and nodded. We were finalizing the list in the office and I smiled.

"Ready as we'll ever be." I smiled as we went outside the main hall and to the bulletin board. Erik posted it up them we left as people read it. The list was:

Anastasia:

Christine Destler

Understudy:

Meg Ryan

Young Anastasia:

Jackie Evancho

Understudy:

Mara Wilson

Dimirti:

Erik Destler

Understudy:

Norm Lewis

Young Dimitri:

Tommy Miller

Understudy:

Michael Young

Vladimir:

Caleb West

Understudy:

Kirk Germane

Rasputin:

Christopher Lloyd

Understudy:

Hank Joans

Bartok:

Luke Garnier

Understudy:

Greg Neller

Czar Nicholas II:

Rick Jones

Understudy:

John Regland

The Dowager Empress Marie:

Mary Michael Patterson

Understudy:

Cassy Francine

Sophie:

Kristin Chenoweth

Understudy:

Hilary Duffette

We heard so many moans and squeals. I rolled my eyes and went back into the office. We started rehearsals in five minutes and we heard everybody scrambling to get to the auditorium. Erik and I went in and calmed everybody down, gave them a welcome speech and the rules.

Then we started rehearsal. We listened to the music first as a run through and then we started singing. Bringing in the chorus and other members of the cast; we then went through 'A Rumor in St. Petersburg.' and, of course, Erik had complaints and such.

But we fixed some of the things. Rehearsals were a roller coaster. But soon it was alright we still had a long way to go. Soon we started 'Journey to the past' my favorite. Erik nodded and soon the music started as I sang on center stage.

Heart don't fail me now

Courage don't desert me

Don't turn back now that we're here

People always say

Life is full of choices

No one ever mentions fear

Or how the world can seem so vast

On a journey to the past

As the music kept playing and crescendoing I started dancing and twirling like it was my very first time just stepping on the stage. I really got into character.

Somewhere down this road

I know someone's waiting

Years of dreams just can't be wrong

Arms will open wide

I'll be safe and wanted

Finally home where I belong

Well starting now I'm learning fast

On this journey to the past

Home, love, family

There was once a time

I must've had them too

Home, love, family

I will never be complete until I find you

One step at a time

One hope, then another

Who knows where this road may go

Back to who I was

Onto find my future

Things my heart still needs to know

Yes, let this be a sign

Let this road be mine

Let it lead me to my past

And bring me home

At last

The rest of the cast and crew cheered and clapped as I finished. I blushed as I just realized I just danced like I was six years old in front of everybody. But I heard Erik clapping and smiling which gave me a huge wash of relief. I'm so glad to have him. The next time we meet we will work on choreography and more music. I had a feeling this will be the best musical ever! Almost....Hours after we got home Erik wrapped his arms around me and held me close as I stirred the pasta for dinner.

"You were magnificent today my angel. I love it when you sing."

"You gave me great music to work with." I smiled and turned around so I can kiss him deeply. I pulled apart as we laughed and cooked dinner together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Hey guys! Guess who's in the cast ;) And some I made up. :)P Yeah so yeah also...I decided to have a cast list on here. I normally don't do this but I figured why not just this once. :)

ALSO GO READ 'You Alone Can Make My Song Take Flight' BY @ThatAngelOfMusic ! Their fanfic is amazing! Anyways Luv ya'll!

I also decided to edit this book. My writing needs to be better so I will try. If you are a good editor then please let me know I would LOVE to let you help me. Okay not trying to be greedy or anything, I just heard that if somebody else edited your book it's better that way. Love y'all!