Chapter 6 ~ Communication

Christine's POV

As we sat down, silence threatened to overtake us again. But it seemed Erik had different ideas.

"Christine.....I must know your thoughts. I want to help you. But I can't if you keep yourself concealed in a room all the time. So please, no matter how painful, tell me your thoughts." He put his hands on mine. "It's alright." He smiled reassuringly.

Taking a deep breath, I started to tell him my thoughts. "Okay.....I've been thinking about the past week. I-I don't regret my decision to be with you." I looked into his eyes "and I never will" then gazing down at our entwined hands. "It's just.....I still can't believe that he would do something to me. He-He's not the young boy I remember. I-It's hurts me....deeply. He used to be so kind and so friendly. Now he's the monster. What once was the little sweet boy, now is a drunken, basterd! Why did he have to change like that? I know people have to grow up, but that doesn't mean transforming your entire identity." I sighed and wiped away a fallen tear.

"It was like, after he had me" emphasizing the word had "it was like he changed within no time. Drinking late nights, falling asleep wherever, smelling like he just came from a bar. Which he did, but he is mean, abusive...." I rubbed my arm slightly. Those memories of it all.... "But one of the worst things that he did was....h-he-...he t-tried to......" I gulped. "Rape me...." I say just barley above a whisper. "That was the worst of all. I asked anybody who knew him, in the years I didn't see him, what happened. They mentioned after trying to search for me for years, Raoul decided to give up. That's where it started. It's gotten worse when I decided to go with him that night."

Cringing at the painful memory of losing my angel of music. Brushing off the emotion for now, I continued. "In fact, he only pulled himself together to....win me over. I thought he would change when I started to be a 'perfect' wife to him." I covered my mouth at the vomit that threatened to come out in that last sentence. Swallowing in disgust, I continued. "But apparently he just wanted me to-...to pass down his family heritage." My entire body was shaking so much, I tried to cover myself up. The memory haunted me and I guess it always will. Noticing my whole behavior, Erik stood up and knelt down in front of me. Wrapping me in his warm embrace and pulling me to him.

"Christine.....it's alright. I won't let that happen..... But if you don't want to remember the memories, why do you?"

"Because he had the last tie too my father, I don't-" I broke down in tears again, sobbing and feeling so low. Not being able to finish my own thoughts. Feeling my angels heartbeat beneath my right hand, made me relax a bit more.

"Christine, please don't cry. I can't stand to see you so upset." He paused for a moment before speaking up once more. "But you're wrong, he isn't the last tie to your father." I looked up into his eyes at the shocking news. Not being able to understand or comprehend what he meant at the moment.

"But Erik, he is, I don't understand-" He just shh'ed me and put his finger to my lips gently. stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"Christine.....you are." My face was turned into a confused gazed.

"What?" I whispered softly. Perhaps I had misheard him for the second time. But nope not at all.

"You are the last tie to your father. You hold the memories and keep him in your heart. You have his spirit and the light inside you that keeps in burning. He lives in you. I promise, with you just being who you really are, you will never lose him." Cupping my chin in his hand, he gently lifted my head up so that our gaze would meet. "I promise" The way he said that made my heart swell, as I smiled and kissed him with love

"Thank you"

"Anything for my angel. I love you more than words can say. Wanting you to be happy." Blushing like I naturally do, reaching forward and embracing him tightly.

"I love you too." I whispered in his ear, letting myself be in his arms the rest of the day.