Reacting To: Starboy [The Weeknd]

Requested by: LunarTheHedgehog

*I Warp into Homeworld, the planet looking just as pristine and shiny as the last time I came here. A short distance away, Skinny Jasper and Carnelian are chatting with regular Jasper, getting along better than I would've expected from someone as hostile and easily passed off as the orange Quartz. I slowly saunter over, curious about what they're talking about*

Jasper: So you're saying that Steven isn't in fact my former Diamond?

Skinny Jasper: *nods* That's right.

Jasper: *frowns* Then how is it that he's associated so commonly with Pink?

Carnelian: *shrugs* All I can tell you is what we've heard and what we've heard is that Pink was his 'mother'. According to what Steven told us himself, it means that she created him from a special kind of fusion with a human.

Jasper: Huh. There really is more to fusion than meets the eye. How exactly does this fusion work?

Skinny Jasper: *shakes her head* We honestly couldn't tell you. Steven didn't mention specifics. In fact, he seemed particularly...uncomfortable talking about it anyway.

Jasper: *grunts* Hmph, guess I'll have to figure out myself. Now to find the nearest human to experiment with.

Me: Oh damn.

*All three gems turn and notice me standing there, Jasper getting a glint in her eyes that can only be described as scheming*

Jasper: *grinning* Perfect!

Me: *holds up my hands* Hey now, easy does it there, Mango Punch. I know I'm attractive and all (not really, at least in my mind) but the key word we're missing here is "consent".

Jasper: Ha! You can't stall me with your primitive terminology! You're mine now!

*Jasper lunges at me but I sidestep and plant my foot on her when she hits the floor. It hits her hard enough that she's out for the count, surprising both me and the two other Earth Quartzes*

Me: *peering down at the unconscious Jasper* Let it be said that ya learn something new everyday. Although, Jasper wantin' to get freaky wasn't quite what I was expecting.

Carnelian: Wait a minute, are you that human that the Diamonds, Spinel, and Steven keep talking about?

Me: *gazes over at the fun-sized magenta Quartz* I am, though I wouldn't think that I'm that important, let along for the Diamonds to be talking about me.

Skinny Jasper: Please, they don't stop talking about you. Sounds like they've missed you and that you've been gone for a while. Is this true?

Me: Honestly? Yes, I have been away from here for longer than I ever wanted to. Lots of things came up that prevented me returning but not anymore I say!

*Skinny Jasper and Carnelian glanced at each other, stumped at my behavior*

Me: *taking my foot off Jasper* Anywho, could you two watch over her while I pay the Diamonds a little visit?

Carnelian: Sure. It's not like we got anything else going on.

Skinny Jasper: Yeah, what she said.

Me: You have my thanks, then.

*I leave the scene behind and slowly walk my way up to the Diamond Palace. Upon entering, I see a sight that makes the day even stranger for me. Yellow Diamond's on her throne with hexagon-shaped glasses on, reading a book while White is sitting cross-legged in a meditating position and Blue is laying back on some kind of cloud, dressed in a short sleeved shirt and shorts, while listening to some relaxing piano music through dark blue and white headphones. There's a noticeable absence though of one Steven and one energetic pink spaghetti noodle named Spinel. I tap lightly on the side of the wall to get their attention, not wanting to be rude*