Reacting To: Molly [Lil Dicky ft. Brendon Urie]

Me: *looks around the Trial Room* I think this place will be good for future requests

Steven: Why?

Me: Ain't it obvious? Plenty of open space to hear the music and little to no disturbance. What more could we possibly need?

Spinel: Snacks?

Me: Hmm, ok, you got me on that.

Steven: When are the Diamonds going to get here though?

Spinel: *smiles and hugs him* Patience, cutie. They're Diamonds, meaning that they're busier than any other gem on Homeworld. Not to mention the fact that Blue, Yellow, and White do love taking the time to surprise you every so often.

Steven: I don't even know if I deserve those surprises though. I'm grateful, sure, but what did I do to earn such praise and rewards of this caliber?

Me: *puts a hand on his shoulder* Oh, I don't know, how bout bringing peace between two whole planets and dismantling a tyrannical empire than spans the entire universe? Steven, don't tell me you're this demeaning of your own efforts, my guy.

Steven: But that was necessary. Mom had done much that needed fixing and nobody else was gonna do it!

Spinel: It wasn't your responsibility, though!

Me: Bro, I agree with you on the fact that nobody else was handling Pink's mistakes but that doesn't mean it automatically falls upon you to carry out. Whether it's the Crystals Gems or even the Diamonds, they need to handle this since they were involved in it. You weren't. Besides, didn't Greg say that he didn't want you to have to deal with Rose's fuck ups?

Steven: Dad says a lot of things.

Spinel: *kisses him on the cheek* Awh, cheer up, Steven! This is your much needed break from all those clods! This is your time to let all that stuff go!

Me: *grins at Spinel* You've been around a lot of Homeworld Peridots recently haven't you?

Spinel: *smirks mischievously* Oh how did you know?

*I roll my eyes and chuckle in response*

Blue Diamond: We're here!

White Diamond: We've arrived!

Yellow Diamond: Don't start without us!

*Looking over, I see the remnants of White's bubble fading away, meaning that the trio has just phased in*

Me: Thank goodness you're here. I was wondering if I might have to send one of these two here to go find you three.

White Diamond: Please, as if we'd miss out on an opportunity to spend more time with our three favorite beings :)

Me: Good because as it turns out, you three gal pals are just in time for a new song.

Yellow Diamond: *walks over and sits down, the other two following her example* Oh really? what's it called.

Me: Molly by Lil Dicky and featuring Brendon Urie.

*Steven and Spinel snicker at the name*

Steven: *giggling* Lil Dicky? Who would want to name themselves that?

Spinel: *chuckling* I have no fricken clue!

Me: *grins* Trust me, I'm right there by you but I don't question it too much.

Blue Diamond: Enough about that, though. Let's hear what this new artist has to say.

Me: Sure.

Steven: Not gonna lie, I was about to shed a tear for Lil Dicky.

Me: *wipes away a tear* Beat ya to it.

Spinel: So, did this actually happen to him or is it just the setting for the music video?

Me: From what I've heard, Dicky ended up in a spot where his girlfriend didn't want to continue dating him because his rap career took off. I don't know if he attended her wedding, or if she had one, but the fact is that between rap and his girl, rap won. And you can see through this song that he misses her and feels some sort of remorse.

Yellow Diamond: Wow, that's quite sad actually. And very deep.

White Diamond: Who was the other singer though?

Blue Diamond: I believe his name was Brendon Urie based off the title, right Sam?

Me: Correct, Blue. He's the lead vocalist for the band Panic! At The Disco, a very well-known band of pop rock, pop, baroque pop, synth-pop, alternative rock, emo pop, and pop punk music. Not to mention the fact that he's the only original remaining member within the band. I'll tell you more if we get a Panic! At The Disco song request in the future.

Blue Diamond: Thank you.

Steven: I really liked this song to be honest. It feels like what hip-hip really is about. The emotion and lyricism, not the other flashy unrealistic images that so many other artists try to portray.

White Diamond: You're quite right, Steven. Like with Eminem, I noticed that this Lil Dicky is more word-driven. Though he doesn't have quite the double and triple meaning lyrics, at least this rapper is staying true to how hip-hip originated to be.

Me: One last thing I'll say before we put it to a vote is that, as you could probably guess, Lil Dicky isn't the dude's real name. His actual name is David Andrew Burd. Even with his other name though, he's one of the few decent rappers that have 'Lil' in their title.

Yellow Diamond: Hmm....

Me: Anyway, let's do it. Trash or Pass, my friends.

Everyone: Pass!

Me: *smiles* Well, from the tally score that I totally have not been keeping, we haven't found a trash song yet! Let's hope that doesn't change, or better yet, maybe I do hope that changes. Who knows, maybe it'll be funny to see how you guys to react to a bad song. 

Steven: I can only imagine how bad it would have to be.

Me: You'd be surprised.

Spinel: Now can we go to dinner, Steven?

Yellow, Blue, and White: WHAT?

Spinel: The MythLord, Steven, and I had plans to go to dinner after this.

White Diamond: *pouts* B-B-But, what about us?

Blue Diamond: *pouts as well* You're just gonna go without us?

Yellow Diamond: *pouts too* Ok, I see how it is.

Me: *rolls my eyes* Fine, you guys can come.

Yellow, Blue, and White: *pouts turn to smiles* YES!

Me: *holds up a finger* On one condition. No complaining about Earth's food or those that serve it to you. You are guests there.

Yellow, Blue, and White: Ok.

Spinel: Enough talking, let's go!

Steven: *gets yanked on by Spinel* Ok, alright, jeez Spinel.

Me: As you can see, we're on our way out, dear viewers but I hope you guys liked what we've done today and if you have any other songs by Lil Dicky you want us to listen to or have any other good songs you want us to check out, feel free to comment. Until next time though, bye!