Ch.34

"When you find out who you are, you find out what you need.”
-mama odie(the princess and the frog)

Capricorn's pov
The next day, we were sent back to the mansion since the tasks would be held there.

We sat in the dining room staring at our food with a gloomy expression. Scratch that, they were. Honestly, I don't know why they were so upset about all of this. Like, oh no! Becoming queen/king of the east? That's too hard! Living in the west is hard.

"why the long faces? It's not like it's the hunger games?" Leo interrupted the silence.

"easy for you to say...you won't be competing," Taurus mumbled.

Aquarius joined the conversation seconds later but I wasn't paying attention to them. I heard someone knock the door three times but no one else seemed to notice. I refused to go up and leave my tacos behind. Five minutes later, the knocking continued.

With a sigh I got up from my seat, "assholes," I muttered.

"what?" Sagittarius asked.

"nothing.. I um said that ill go check who's knocking?" I scratched the back of my neck before leaving.

Once the door was opened I saw a man in his forties wearing a cap. He was pushing a small cart filled with boxes.

"packages for the zodiacs?" the man asked me to which I nodded. He gave me some papers for me to sign before leaving all of the boxes in the doorstep.

Since I'm a good person now I carried the boxes to the living room. Yeah, you heard me right. I'm as good as a villain can be;)

Anyways, I decided to open them since I was responsible enough to bring them. The box had a few armors inside of them? Atleast they looked like armors?

I went back to the dining room to tell everyone.

"why would we need an armor? Are we going to fight with swords? But that doesn't make sense? Queens and kings don't fight with anyone?" Pisces kept mumbling stuff.

"stop worrying pie.. Our parents wouldn't make us go through that.." cancer comforted him.

"then why do we need Armors?" gemini asked as he stuffed his face with more tacos.

"just safety..." Virgo got up from her seat and followed me to the living room.

"maybe to make us look cool," Sagittarius shrugged.

Or beautiful. She would definitely look beautiful in that armor. Well, she looks beautiful in anything.

"aw I want an armor too," Leo pouted.

"here," gemini threw the armor to leo making him wince. "it says Leo on the breastplate,"

"now I'm more confused..." Virgo took a seat on one of the couches as her armor rested on her lap.

"there's a black one.. No two black ones!" Cancer pointed out. Cancer had been helping everyone to find their armors. "Scorpio and Libra," she handed the armors to them. Libra had a puzzled expression on her face but Scorpio had a small smirk.

"who wants to change?" libra held her armor up.

"ooh me!" aries tried to grab it but Scorpio grabbed it before she could.

"it has your name for a reason lib," Scorpio handed it back to her as he glared at Aries.

"lib? Aww -"

"shut it," Scorpio interrupted Aries before she could embarrass him any further.

"you'll look evil in those things," cancer frowned.

"that's the point, dont you think?" the signs gasped when they heard maleficent. She was always appearing out of nowhere.

Maleficent laughed when she saw the expression on the zodiac's faces. Every time I saw her I remember that Scorpio is my step brother. If not, I don't acknowledge it. But there were revelations even bigger than our daddy issues. Sagittarius was a demi goddess yet she was the most down to earth girl I've met.

"do you like them? I designed all of them,"

"y-yeah.. They're really nice," Cancer said.

"they're bullet proof, fire proof and water proof. They're also indestructible. The only thing capable of damaging them is... Well me. And Scorpio eventually,"

"I swear every day I become more scared of scorpio," Virgo muttered to Taurus, who just nodded in response.

"go ahead! Try them on!"

I looked at my self in the mirror. I don't know why Leo, aquarius and I weren't given black armors. We are villains, we are supposed to have the dark armor not libra.

Maleficent said she designed them herself so she should have the answer.

I walked downstairs to see everyone already there. I locked eyes with Sagittarius making her smile. I couldn't help it, i blushed when I saw her in the armor. I was right. She looked beautiful.

I sound so cheesy maybe that's why I have this white armor...

"why do we have white armors?" I asked maleficent. She gave me a genuine smile instead of her usual evil, creepy one.

"zodiacs protect the East, the west and the middle. There's no villain zodiac or royal zodiac unless you're a queen or king," she fixed Libra's cape that was too big for her height. I saw Libra's eyes widened. It was understandable. Maleficent had just called her a villain.

"you're saying that libra is a villain?" Virgo asked.

"she will be,"

I heard knocking again but this time it was against the window. There was a tiny blue bird holding a card with its beak.

"last time that happened it was Cinderella threatening us," Aries warned Cancer. Cancer opened the window before caressing the tiny bird.

"give us the card before you start singing," maleficent rolled her eyes.

Cancer handed her the card before taking a seat next to Pisces.

"ooh! Finally! It's your first task!" she cleared her throat. "tomorrow eight of you will be competing against each other for the throne. Your first task tests your determination. We can't have cowards as rulers of the East. Your clue is the next one:seek and you will find,"

"ugh seriously? We will have to find something? That's boring! We don't need this armors for that!" aries frowned.

Maleficent just laughed making everyone anxious.

Hiii!! I know I took so long to update :( Online school has been taking all of my time and energy. I have free time atm so the next update will be published soon:)