ch.40

"I'm surrounded by idiots"
– Scar (The Lion King)

Scorpio had guided Cancer to the garden. It was the perfect spot for spreading his wings and atleast attempt to fly. The only downside was that the other signs had a perfect view for spying them.

"so... What do you need help with?" Cancer was easily distracted by the few butterflies jumping from flower to flower. She was no longer worrying about Scorpio.

Cancer walked up to them letting them fly around her.

"I need to learn how to fly and since you can speak to birds I thought you could help me out," he shrugged even if Cancer wasn't looking at him.

He sounded so genuine that Cancer was caught off guard. She turned around, butterfly still sitting on her knuckle.

"alright! Turn around please," Scorpio hesitantly did what she asked. Not that he was scared of what she would do. It just wasn't in his nature to follow instructions from a royal. "can I..?" Cancer trailed off.

Scorpio nodded even if he had no idea what Cancer meant.

With a smile on her face, Cancer encouraged the blue butterfly to fly towards Scorpio by stretching her arm forward.

"she says you need to relax," Cancers fingers touched Scorpio's wings delicately, making Scorpio do the opposite of what she asked.  "try moving your wings just like her, but slower," Cancer took a step back and observed.

Scorpio did exactly that. He was surprised with the foreign feeling on his back. He felt like he was waving his arms but they were ten times heavier.

"perfect! She says that when you feel like you're ready, you can start moving them faster," Scorpio tried speeding up his movements but made an abrupt stop when he felt his feet levitate.

Meanwhile, Taurus, Pisces, Aries and Gemini were all huddled up around a window  in a guest room . The window wasn't big enough for everyone to see but not a everyone wanted to anyways.

Libra, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Leo  didn't want to spy on them. They knew it was wrong.

"Taurus move! It's my turn to look!" Sagittarius crossed her arms over her chest.

"there's nothing to see," the moment Virgo moved out of her spot, Sagittarius rushed to replace her. "he's done nothing wrong to her. She's just helping him learn how to fly," 

Virgo laid down on the bed and stared at the high ceiling. Taurus glanced at her for a second before deciding to lay next to her. "What's on your mind?" he asked her.

Berore she could reply, Leo enterd the room very loudly. He held a pan on each hand but the moment he walked inside the room he started banging them agaisnt each other.

Aries ran up to him before snatching one from him.

 "what the hell are you doing, Leo?" Virgo had now sat up . They were all staring at Leo with a confused expression on their face.

"aqua asked me to come and tell you guys to stop spying on them," 

"but it's starting to get interesting! Scorpio is finally in the air!" Gemini didn't look away from the window. Scorpio was barely one foot away from the ground.

"i need you guys downstairs though," Leo moved away from Aries before she could take his only pan left from him. "i challenged Aqua to  a baking contest. Fire versus Air signs," Leo smirked seeing that he now had both Aries and Sagitarius' attention.

Taurus scoffed, "the air signs will obviously win."

"and why's that?" Sagittarius forgot about Scorpio, intruigued by this challenge. She rarely cooked but  whenever the fire signs heard the word challenge , there was no turning back.

"maybe because Gemini is an air sign?" Taurus' sarcastic tone only encouraged the three fire signs to win. "so unless Gemini lets his girlfriend win, you are definitely going to lose,"

When Aries heard this she turned to glare at Gemini instead. 

"what did I do?" 

"come on we don't have all day!" Leo pushed both Aries and Sagittarius out of the room. Gemini stared at the door, contemplating about going after them or not.

"we should go too. Can't have them burning down a kitchen that isn't even ours," Virgo told Taurus  and Pisces. She knew Pisces wanted to stay and make sure Scorpio kept his hands to himself. Virgo knew that Pisces had been extremely quiet due to the uneasiness he felt.

"you too, Pisces," Taurus walked up to Pisces and placed his hand on his shoulder, comfortingly. "she's fine and if Scorpio does something to her I'll help you beat him up,"

Pisces chuckled as he followed Taurus and Virgo out of the room. Gemini didn't want to spy on them any longer but he also didn't want to make Aries upset. He sighed, deciding on going downstairs.

Meanwhile...

Scorpio had already managed to hover above the ground for five minutes without falling. He was getting very impatient. He wanted to speed things up and fly atleast thirty feet away from the ground.  Cancer refused because she told him that he could get hurt. 

He had rolled his eyes before following the instructions of  a butterfly he was insulting mentally. He wanted to smack it away from his face but Cancer would be upset. He had to make sure Cancer trusted him, which meant he couldn't do anything to offend her.

"okay... She thinks you're ready. She suggests you jump bef- wow!" cancer lookeed up at Scorpio. He was almost twenty feet away from her. She had to sprint to catch up with him. Even the tiny butterfly was struggling to keep up.

After two minutes of Scorpio trying to fly higher, he grew  tired and fell. He had a big smile on his face. It was so unusual that Cancer hugged him. Scorpio's smile was replaced with a frown. He was still on the ground, cancer kneeling as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Scorpio hesitantly hugged her back.

After a few seconds Cancer realized he was extremelly quiet. She tried to pull away from the hug but he didn't. He kept his hands on her waist, pulling her closer more aggresively.

"Im sorry," 

Scorpio's eyes began to glow a brighter shade of green. Cancer kept trying to pull away until her eyes locked with his. 

"tomorrow at 5:30 pm  you shall prick your finger on the spindle of a spinning wheel and," Scorpio hesitated. He didn't dare blink, let alone look away from Cancer's inocent eyes. "fall asleep,"  

The reason Scorpio was so hesitant was because Maleficent hadn't demanded for her to fall asleep. She wanted her dead. She wanted as many zodiacs (other than Scorpio, Libra and Capricorn) dead. Scorpio couldn't bring himself to do it though.  

He knew he would have to face his mother's wrath soon but he preffered that. He had no idea how he would get away with it tomorrow but he would. No one would harm his friends, including him.