𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

Start from the beginning

Riley immediately puts her hand on her stomach and says, "Jesus"

"Tell me about it"

~~~

"James Grant. Senior at Anderson high and star forward on the basketball team" Antonio says, taping his picture onto the board.

"Kids a lock for the pros" Jake states.

"Except robbery burglary picked him up a couple months back. Charges wouldn't stick without an eyeball witness" Dawson adds then points to the victims picture, "Mya was the only one willing to go on record"

"So she was the only thing that stood between Grant going pro" Antonio finishes Riley's sentence saying. "And spending the next five years in statesville"

"Alright" Adam says, getting off the phone, "the coach confirmed that Grant was playing in a tournament in Evanston at the time of the shooting"

"Maybe that was the plan" Erin suggests, "have eyes on Grant, while Mya gets shot somewhere else"

"This kid connected enough to order a hit on a witness?" Al asks. Kevin walks onto the bullpen, handing Voight a piece of paper then taping one onto the whiteboard and says, "Nope, Grants not. But his uncle definitely is. Devon Tucker. Og Vice lord, turned gunrunner. He's been looking out for his nephew since the boy learned how to dribble"

"Yeah but he's locked up at MCC on a federal weapons charge" Hank says, looking up from the paper that Kevin just gave him, "think he ordered the shot from inside?"

"Bet my star on it"

"Let's go have a chat" Hank says and he and Al go to leave for the prison.

🌟🌟🌟

"So, desk duty huh?" Erin says, handing her sister a glass of water while sitting down on her couch with a beer. Riley sighs and says, "Yep. It's gonna be a long three months"

"So then you're gonna go down to the military base where Justin is until after the baby's born?"

"Yeah" Riley smiles, putting both her hands on her stomach, "gotta keep this little munchkin as safe as possible"

"I'm so excited. I'm gonna be an aunty. I'm gonna be an aunty" Erin sings.

"Actually me and Justin were talking and I know it's still early but we want you to be the godmother"

Erin gulps with shock written on her face and says, "really?"

"Yeah of course."

"What about Rory and Lola?"

"I love Rory but she just lives so far away and Lo has her hands full with Jazmine"

"Wow, I, um, don't know what to say"

"Say yes, please"

"Yes, of course" The younger Lindsay smiles, bringing her big sister into a hug.

🌟🌟🌟