𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ ADDICTED
chapter twelve. turn the light off.

"I miss you" Riley says over the phone, picking at her toast and sighs, "it sucks here without you"

"I miss you too, baby" Justin says back.

"Do you get to come home at least and visit?"

"Soon or so I'm told"

"Okay" Riley says, "you doing okay over there at least?"

"Yeah, I think so. It's tough work, I'll tell you that"

Riley looks at the time on her watch and sighs, saying, "I gotta get to work. I love you, J"

"I love you too, baby. always and forever"

Riley smiles and says, "always and forever" then she hangs up her phone and throws her plate into the sink and grabs her coat and heads out.

🌟🌟🌟

The intelligence team meets up with Riley and Jay at a crime scene at a bank and Hank asks, "alright, where are we at so far?"

"Four guards are dead. One guy wounded." Jay says.

"What did they get?"

Riley takes out her notepad to look at the list of things and says, "eight million in cash. International currency shipment from Nagano, Japan. Headed down to the federal reserve in LaSalle. They cleared customs fine and then the money came here to be loaded onto an armored car."

"Can the survivors tell us anything?" Sumner asks, putting on her latex gloves.

"Yeah" Jay says, pointing down the hall, where a medic is checking out the victim, "the one guy that's stable is Lukas Perko. He's the warehouse manager. And Eric Gonzalez, head of security."

"Alright, you grab him. We'll talk to Perko." Hank says.

"Okay" Jay says.

While Hank and Antonio talk to the warehouse manager, Riley, Jay and Sumner talk with the head of security.

"It doesn't make any sense. It was, uh, it was Reginalds birthday tomorrow. We were gonna go to the pinky monkey. All of us" Gonzalez says.

"What did you see?" Jay asks. Gonzalez starts stammering and says, "I was, in, uh, in the...my office in the back of the building. I heard like, um, like a pop, pop, pop. And by the time I got here, it was...everyone was just...I mean, I tried to hold Tinkers head with my hand, but I couldn't keep the blood in."