Chapter two

As I entered the school corridor, I was engulfed in a tight. I could barely breathe.

"Can't breathe" I whispered to the person hugging the shit out of me.

"Oh so sorry Khady, am just excited to see you" Laila, my bestie said as she finally released me grinning from ear to ear.
She is Hausa by tribe just like me. She has big black eyeballs which always seems to glow whenever she smiles and light brown was her complexion.

"Am I safe? We were together just yesterday" I said taking a careful step away from her.

"Come on am your bestie, I won't kill you" she remarked jokingly.

"Hope so coz the way you are behaving right now, it seems like you have a trap set up just for me" I condemned.

A trap! Laila! Hope you are not planning a prank on me!" I cried out in panic remembering Laila's last victim.

Laila had always been a prankster, infact she has a master degree in pranking.
She prank on anybody who offend her even if it's an adult. Our teachers in school were not left out either.

"No, no and no. It's nothing like that am not pranking on you but am definitely doing the wedgie thing on Adam today" She said thoughtfully with a wicked grin on her face which left me wondering how Adam always survived living with her.

Adam is Laila's thirteen years old younger brother.

All I did was stared at Laila in disbelief, I wonder why she always like pranking. It's probably a gene thing, but can it actually be a gene? Her mother is nothing like her.

"If you are not planning anything, then why are you all jolly today?" I inquired still not believing her. As we walked to class.

"I just can't believe it Awwal is back and he is not going back" she beamed.

"Awwal is back, and why won't he go back?" I asked surprised. Awwal was her boyfriend and was two years older than her. He left for college a year ago which left her moody for months.

"Well, he decided on changing another course and he will be attending college here in Minna. Isn't that amazing?"

"Yah I guess" I muttered, not happy at all. Now the Mr Man his back, he will snatch my bestie away from me.
I thought as we arrived to class.

Today keeps getting better and better. Great, just great.
•••
After escaping the crowd of guys asking for my number and the gals throwing daggers  my way, I sat down in the school cafeteria with my besties.

Yah, am kinda famous.

The cafeteria was quite full with students eating and talking in groups. Me and Stephen, my second bestie sat quietly looking all irritated as Laila continued to blab about how much she hated our English teacher.

"And oh my gosh what did I do? That woman kept glaring at me as if she was about to murder me with her eyes. And did you know that she called me a...."

" Laila, we all know how much you hate her but will you please stop eating our brains?" Stephen cut her blabbering clearly pissed off.

Stephen is always the playful guy among us, he's good at cracking jokes and he is quite the comedian. But he can get upset pretty easily. He has afro hair, amber colour eyes, and he is dark chocolate in complexion. And did I mention that he is tall as hell and girls like to gawk and throw themselves at him, but Stephen always liked to ignore them and never had a girlfriend.

Laila gasped dramatically and glared at him
"I know you will say that, it's isn't you that she hates you will never understand"

The ever dramatic girl she was.

" Why won't she hate you? You pranked on her which results to her being admitted to the hospital for over two weeks" Stephen said defending himself.

Yah, you heard right my bestie is like a monster!

That incident happened when we were in SS 1 that was two years back. Our English teacher gave us an essay assignment which we were to submit the next day. But Laila being Laila forgot about it and only remembered when we were asked to submit.

And so she got punished, she was assigned to sweep the class for a week. And Laila happened to hate sweeping.
We even helped her but Laila was still mad about the whole thing and promised to teach the teacher a lesson.

So she made a plan.
She took her brother's skateboard and positioned it at the class front door after everybody as arrived. Our poor English teacher always came late to class which Laila took as an advantage.

As she steps in, she claimed the skateboard unknowingly and she was sent flying. Also, the fact that the woman was fat made the matter worst.

I actually laughed and pitied her at the same time as she screamed loudly almost blocking our eardrums and felled with a loud thud.

And the whole class burst out laughing.

The poor woman was rushed to the hospital because the injury she sustained was severe.

A student with big mouth reported that it was all Laila's ordeal which result to Laila being suspended.

"It was just a tiny prank" I heard Laila saying to Stephen which made me to stare at her in disbelief.

Tiny prank indeed.

"Yah right" Stephen scoffed.

Laila glared at him and opened her mouth to retort back but I chimed in before they slit each other's throats.

"When will you two ever stay in a place for up to thirty minutes without arguing?" I asked them.

" He started it" Laila complained.

Stephen narrowed his eyes at her but didn't say anything.

Meet my hilarious friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi. Thanks again for checking my story. Hope you are enjoying it so far (blinks nervously)
If you do like this chapter please consider giving it a vote.☺️
Much love❤️❤️❤️