Chapter six

Yay! I finally got the chance to update.  I'm feeling much better Alhamdullillah and I was like 'what are you waiting for?'
Thank you guys for your prayers. You guys are the best😘

Anyways here we are!
Enjoy!
PS: what ever place I mentioned in this chapter, I just made it up.

                      ×××
I won the famous music tournament (FMT) and I decided to throw a grand party to celebrate my victory. I'm so excited about the upcoming party which will be taking place tonight. That's me, the party lover. I love attending and throwing parties; the music, the drinks, the dancing, they always got me excited. I made sure that the party was lavishly decorated and by the looks of it, I'm sure it's gonna be the talk of town.

The news came by surprise having received a letter two weeks after my latest album inviting me to join the year's music tournament, I decided to go for it with some encouragement from my parents and besties.

It was one of the best and famous music show in the country where only well known musicians perform their best music on the stage. The decisions will be made by the judges who are very hard and firm on their decisions which was one of the reasons why I had never performed in FMT. Even though I have performed in so many places and won many prizes, I was still adamant to perform in this one.

I was in shock, surprised and thrilled at the same time when the news came that I won. I mean who wouldn't be? Many musicians who are more experienced and more famous than me still couldn't win. It was a big victory indeed which could make me more famous than before.

I immediately decided to hand the big prize over to dad which was some huge amount of money but he had bluntly refused saying that it was all my hard work and I deserved to own it.

The party will be taking place in one of the best hotel. I had invited many people; famous musicians from across the country, some friends and important classmates. My biggest fans were not left out from the invitation either.

Laila was excited too, she was even more excited than me. She had bugged me continuously yesterday for us to go shopping for the party which I had planned to go  today because I like doing things in the last minute. I had no choice but to comply.
Laila could be irritating.

I looked at the dresser as Stella, the makeup artist I always hired whenever I have important functions did her magic on me with her brushes. I wore a tight fitted, stretchable, and body hugging red dress, it's edge across my curves making my body shape obvious, the Hem stopped right at my knee.

I looked hot!

Laila wore a blouson purple dress which have a belt at the waist causing the torso part of the dress to blouse, the hem falling straight and it's hugged her body perfectly. She had on a pair of dazzling white earings, her curly black hair fell down her shoulders. She was sipping carefully on some fanta being careful not to spoil her lipstick, her eyes focused on her phone obviously chatting away with Awwal.

Stella gently applied a smoky red eyeshadow over my eyes with a glittering black on the sides her hands moving expertly.
"That will do" she nodded as she stopped to admire her handiwork. She went back to my lip and applied some dark shade of red over my entire mouth. She then used a lip brush to apply a similar color in the centre but this one a lot lighter. This instantly made my lips to create a natural pouty effect.

Soon, she was done with my makeup. Stella tied my hair in a tight bun advising me to keep it that way to make me look more classy. She let our some strands of hair from the tight bun on each sides.

"Can you believe this guy?" Laila asked as we were climbing down the stairs few minutes after Stella had left. Her purple painted lips was twisted in a scowl. I shook my head indicating 'no' so she went further to explain how Awwal had promised to pick her up for the party but had called at the last minute to tell her that he couldn't make it. She also complained about not trusting him much this days as he was always on his phone whenever they are out on a date.

What could I say? I just bobbed my head indicating that I was listening. Having hated Awwal for stealing my bestie, I would never defend him!

Laila opened her mouth to complain some more but stopped as my phone ranged loudly from my purse. I bought the phone out and I saw Stephen's name popped up on the screen. I answered the call but instantly regretted it as a very angry Stephen came to view.
"Khadija, when will you girls ever stop delaying me?"

I frowned wondering what he was talking about.
" What do you mean?" I asked him clearly not getting him.

"I'm outside here waiting for you two for almost an hour!"
He boomed his lips twisted in a scowl just like Laila's was few seconds ago.
"Oh" was all I could say, a very angry Stephen wasn't a pleasant thing to see.
I glanced at Laila giving her a please help me look. She rolled her eyes before snatching the phone away.
"Steph, cut the harp. We will be out in a sec" she snapped and cut the call.

Laila is a perfect match for Stephen. I just knew it!
But I will never say it in their faces in case they kill me.
We walked out of the door, the night breeze brushed against my bare arms causing me to shiver.

Crap! I forgot my bodysuit.
Great! I have to go back and retrieve it. Steph will be sooo mad at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had to cut this chapter into two because it will be too long. I will be updating the next chapter tommorow by God's willing.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Much love from me
Harsnah
Sleep tight

Nightie night💖💖💖