- Chapter 2 : Where's my love -

"Moon, no... can you hear me?" 

I hear explosions but not Moon's voice. It can't be the last time I hear her, it's impossible. I love her so much. She's always been so generous with others, always being last. She's unique. She can't be dead. My heart is bleeding. 

I collapsed, I shouted her name "Moon". She was the sun of my life . My next days will be so dark. I cannot imagine that Annabelle will grow up without her mother. How can I tell her? How can I tell a child that he will never see his mother again? Thanks to Annabelle I will never forget Moon . She will always be my wife and the only . I have never loved someone so strong . 

All his life we seek the right person . The one who understands you who pleases you, who listens to you . When you meet this person you know that it is now that your life begins. 

We got married in complete discreation. Annabel held the wedding ring on a cushion. Moon was beautiful, I had never seen anything so beautiful. The sunset shone on her skin. I was so stressed out. But that day was perfect. It was the second happiest day of my life. 

The first was Annabelle's birth. Moon had many complications, they announced twins. But her brother's heart stopped beating what triggered the birth. Annabelle was born by caesarean section. When I was finally able to take her in my arms, an immense love overwhelmed me.

I had to report it to the ship. I took the speakers microphone: 

"Your attention please, Commander 52 has left us. She left as a hero."

 As I heard this words, my heart was tearing apart. So she really left. the radio of their ships is broken . I have no means of contact . Andrew opened the door and walked towards me, he took me in his arms. " I am so sorry for you, I know you really loved her. I hope she will rest in peace. I'm here for you"

My throat was knotted. I couldn't talk. We stayed like this for 5 minutes

"I have to go see Annabelle" 

"- Yes of course," replied Andrew.

I left it in the booth and walked to my apartment. I saw people's eyes. They were sorry. They say "My condolences" and "She was a good person". I opened the door and saw the nanny played with Annabelle . Seeing me enter she jumped into my arms. The nanny smiled at me, she had heard the message. How am I going to tell Annabelle? 

I kissed Annabelle and pressed her hard against me . She too will need support . Growing up without a parent can be difficult . But she will be a strong and fulfilled woman. We are our only family. I would give my life for her.
The nanny took her things, she turned around and said to me: 

"My condolences Mr Smith" before leaving.

I'll have to get used to being alone with Annabelle. I dropped her off and she asked me :

"Dad , when does Mom arrive?"

I started crying. I didn't want her to see me crying but it's too hard:

"Dad? Why are you crying? You're sad." 

I cannot realize that I will never see her again. I will never hear her laugh. I will never see her smile . Would never smell her honeyed perfume . I could no longer hold her against me , see her face when I woke up.

I crouched at her height and she dried my tears with her sleeve.

"Sweetie, do you remember when Grandma became an angel and went to heaven ?"