Chapter 86 - Chelsea POV

Start from the beginning

Searching her mind quickly, hoping to see if I had been right about her shifting because she sensed or dreamt danger I found nothing but her dreams about Casey, playing with Emmalynn on the rooftop garden, and swimming with Gabriel and I in the pool.

Sighing I covered Nika up, gazing at her where there should be a tiny little human, my thoughts heading to Remy and this situation with Victor.

Most importantly I just hoped that Gabriel and I didn't raise a child like Mylene... Dad had given me so much when I was finally adopted but that didn't mean I just expected to get everything I wanted. I had to work extremely hard; I trained regularly, practiced to get good at dancing. Even when I started learning to cook it was – I had many misses, only a few hits.

Gabriel had already told me that it was more Mylene's wolf than anything, but Victor still blamed himself...

Standing in the doorway, my head against the wall, I feel him unexpectedly behind me, his arms around my waist, and his lips at my ear. Lulling my head back against his shoulder Gabriel's warm breath makes me shiver against him. "She's okay," I nodded, "We had dinner together and after a bath I read her a story..." he finished turning me in his arms, pulling me out of her room closing the door, leading me to our room.

He doesn't speak and I notice that he's already showered, his hair is mildly wet – maybe he showered without you around trying to hijack his showers... Aria proposed. Still he led me to the bathroom, I smiled despite her comment at what was waiting, a full steamy hot tub of water, and the room smelled deliciously of cherry blossoms and vanilla.

"Not that I don't love this but... what's up?" I said eyeing the bathroom, searching his thoughts, surprisingly they were all calm, "We've each been so busy-" I snorted.

"I've been trying to figure out who those people Robert have been pictured with are, you're painting and doing classes plus dancing... we have help but I know we are both rundown and – and I wanted to do something nice for you," he sounds so unsure of himself. I look back at the scene in front of me, the lit candles, and the fresh flowers giving the room a enticing aroma. I turn to Gabriel, "this is lovely..." I nod not releasing his hand, giving it one last try, I look up at Gabriel from underneath my lashes, loving the love I see in his eyes for me, giving me confidence, "You want to join me?"

Not yet sweetheart, I heard in my mind, nodding I kept my face relaxed despite the uneasiness in my stomach. Maybe he's had so much of it that he doesn't want it anymore... I thought and surprising me my third wolf replied, he was chosen because all he wants is what is truly best for you... you will make him slow down, but he will speed you up. Where you will be uncharacteristically yourself and rush, Gabriel will wheel you in, slow you down.

"Get in before the water cools..." he whispers kissing my forehead and then pulled away, turning around and heading out to our room. I shake my head, I know he wants me but my wolf is right, plus doing this is another way of showing his love. I sigh, but these little things he does is what makes me know I'm ready, have you ever thought maybe he isn't ready? I snort at the thought. Maybe my third wolf isn't so all knowing...

.

.

.

After soaking and just enjoying this treat I step out of the tub wrapping my hair up, covering myself with a large towel heading to our closet for something to slip on, after forty-five minutes. When I open the door, Gabriel is in bed resting back, his head looking at the ceiling, chest bare, boxers only. As if he can sense my eyes on him, his, they snap open, finding mine, giving me a small smile, holding his arm out for me.