Chapter 23

DEDICATED TO: writershigh >> check out Innocently Unaware :) 

A/N: not edited. 

Chapter 23 (Gabriel POV)

I’m sorry Gabriel I hear in my head as I stalk out and away from my mate, the words cutting me deeply, but I couldn’t stay, but the apology kills me, especially when I’m in the wrong. Her laughter cut me deeply as well and being prideful made me walk away. Chelsea has this advantage, but I wouldn’t blame my reaction on her abilities.

Her pack might be small but they are loyal to her through and through, like I thought mine was, but now without the rose colored goggles, I was screwed. Yet, that still isn’t why her reaction rubbed me the wrong way, I felt like she was laughing at my obvious stupidity. How am I supposed to protect her when I can’t even see a threat that fucking close to me?

Maybe that is why she is your mate? Gabriel, you stepped away and now you are seeing things the way you should, before someone stabbed you in the back, Max said angrily.  Chelsea can hear people at all times, where you only hear what they may be thinking when you try them but they can ignore you. Put up a wall… they can’t do that with her… she’s been helping all along Gabriel.

I know! I shouted angrily.

Do you though? Think about it, she practically told you Rian was behind Katie missing, she goaded Rian, to the point of outing herself, YOUR FAMILY however; well they made no move to help themselves…

I feel- I SHOULD have noticed his behavior, Rico, James and Saul all said it plain as fucking day-

Yes but still hid it for how long? Because of your reaction… you can’t blame others for you not seeing the truth Gabriel, that is neither fair nor justified Max warned.

I know! I know!

Well how are you going to fix this human? He growled. All right, Chelsea had done nothing wrong, and if this wasn’t about me and how I was blind, I’m pretty sure I would’ve been rolling right along with her. Samuel played many people well… Taking my phone out I make a call. It only rings twice before Nonno Sabastian answers.

“Boy, do you not know the time?” his voice sharp.

“I know, sorry, but I needed to speak with you… about…”

“Well spit it out boy!” He replies sternly but I can sense he is no longer angry that I disturbed his sleep.

“I have information about the person who blew up Mom’s office, but I need a favor as well…” I pause.

“Okay, okay, hold on, let me go to my office,” he says and I hear the sound of movements and Nona Clara asking his what is the problem.

“niente dormire il mio amore,” he coos to his mate, I sigh already missing Chelsea.

Then go back, you hurt our mate!

This first then, I’ll go back and make things right.

If you stay too long… you’ll make her pull away… Max whined, my eyes widen, he’s right. I knew I was bound to fuck up.

“Okay, tell me,” Nonno brings me back to focus.

“First I want you to let-”

“Do not tell me what to do Gabriel!” he cuts me off, chastising me, and he has the right too. Retired alpha and my great grandfather, he has some rights others do not.