TIW 29

Rod

Ilang oras na ang lumipas pero hanggang ngayon naiisip ko pa rin lahat ng mga sinabi ni Kristin sa akin. Am I missing out something? May dapat ba akong malaman?

Pakiramdam ko ay nasa harapan ko na ang sagot pero patuloy lang akong nalilingat sa ibang bagay.

I made up my mind, I have to call my private investigator to find out things and dig deeper to get all the truth that I need to have.

"Mr. Bezos," He immediately answered my call, siya ang investigator na tinawagan ko para malaman kung anong koneksyon ni Aaron kay Kristin at Clark.

They met somewhere in a culinary school and Aaron have already a daughter named Sofia Kresia Villamor, the mother? It's not Kristin. Walang impormasyon si Mr. Callahan para sa doon.

"Just to inform you sir, your wife Maria Kristin Bezos and Aaron Villamor is not married according to the papers, they never tied the knot."

I don't know if they're in a relationship or not, it's least of my concerns for now.

Kristin and I never went through the proper annulment process that's why I knew that they cannot be married same with Karell and I.

Nang pinuntahan ko siya sa hospital room for the papers na dapat niyang pirmahan noon ay wala na siya maski ang ilang gamit niya. She already left. Letting us be tied even after 6 years.

"Anything else about Kristin's past before our marriage?" The other line went silent as if the investigator didn't want to share the information he knew.

"Sir, your mother wants to speak with you." He said stern and straight.

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit nasama ang aking ina sa usapan.

Mr. Callahan didn't answer any of my questions regarding mom.

As soon as he said the details of where should I meet my mother the line went off. I immediately left the office and went to a coffee shop nearby.

I scanned my eyes through the shop, it was empty. Until I met the eyes of my mother sitting alone in the shop. It's been awhile since we saw each other. Masama ang loob ko dahil pinili niya si Kristin kaysa sa akin na tunay niyang anak.

Lalo pa't kasalanan naman ni Kristin ang lahat ng nangyari.

I took the seat in front of my mom and kept my mouth shut. I didn't want to start an argument.

"Son," My mom never looked like she aged. I didn't answer her back. I didn't know how to without unleashing my anger.

"I know you're mad at me for choosing Kristin's side but I did not want to tolerate you. What you did was unforgivable."

What? So ako nanaman ang mali? Ayokong mawalan ng galang kung kaya't pinili ko ang mga sasabihin ko.

"Kung pupunta ka lang dito ma at sesermonan ako then we better call it a day. Nice meeting you again by the way." Aalis na sana ako pero naramdaman ko ang pag hawak ng aking ina sa aking braso.

"Please Rod, you need to know the truth." Her words were as confusing as Kristin's.

"Truth?" For the hundredth time, I'm fuckin' confused.

"You married Kristin because of your actions." Mom said with regret evident in her eyes. I don't understand, how is it my fault?

"What are you saying mom? Siya ang pumikot sa akin sa bar, hindi ba? It's clearly her fault kaya hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit mo pa siya tinulungan. Nilayo niyo sa akin yung anak ko ma!" Hindi ko na napigilan pang pagtaasan ng boses ang aking ina. Galit ako sa ginawa niya.

"Rod, it was my fault. Kung sana ay sinabi ko kaagad sa'yo ang rason edi sana hindi nagkaganito lahat, anak." I am stunned. Sa unang pagkakataon ay nakitaan ko ng kahinaan ang aking ina. Lumuluha siya ngayon sa aking harapan.

I don't know what to do or even say. I kept my mouth shut.

"Anak I'm sorry for not telling you before...but I think after all these years you deserve to know the truth," Hirap na hirap si mama sa pagsasalita because of her tears and as much as I want to wipe her tears away, I can't seem to move my arms that's why I waited for her to finish.

"Y-you raped Kristin under the influence of drugs 11 years ago." She said the words that made me crumble.

Parang bomba sa pandinig ko ang mga salita. Kahit na anong tanggi ko sa sarili ko ay kilala ko ang aking ina, hindi siya nag sisinungaling.

"Ma, ano po bang sinasabi niyo?" I can't understand everything right now. I'm so lost.

"Hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa'yo dati nung magaling ka na, anak." Nangingig ang boses ni mama ngayon. She let out a long gasp before starting to speak again.

"You started using drugs when Karell broke up with you before. After your rehabilitation, you seemed to forget that incident with Kristin and I was scared that a single detail would trigger your mind kaya pinakiusapan ko si Kristin na walang babanggitin na kahit ano sayo."

"I didn't want to see my son, wasting his life." My mom sobbed so hard and she held my face.

Silence enveloped the whole surroundings. Halos wala akong maintindihan sa sinasabi ng aking ina.

"Nalaman ko sa bar owner ang ginawa mo, you paid him for an innocent lady. I did my best to find Kristin because maybe she's pregnant with your child. After speaking with her, I knew that I was right. I humbly asked her to stay with you para may makapag-alaga sa'yo. I thought that maybe,"

"Maybe you could find real happiness by having your own family. Pero puro akala ko lang pala lahat."

I felt my mom hand caressed my arm, doon ko lang napansin na naginginig ako. It's hard to everything that she's saying.

"Kristin had a choice to whether marry you or not but she chose to. She believed that your child needs a complete family. After all the pain you inflicted, she managed to stay with you until she lost it."

"C-christina and Clark..." That's all I managed to say. I didn't know what else to say. I am so scared.

"Y-you also caused your son an emotional trauma. Nakita niya ang mga ginawa mo dati kay Kristin and he told me about it once."

I felt tears came running down my face. I felt the arms of my mother giving me a hug. I heard her voice trying to give me comfort and I also heard my heart being shattered into pieces.

I was stunned silent. Nothing anyone had ever said had hurt so much.

I destroyed everything in the first place.

---
A/N: Is it too late? Anyways, thank you for the reads, votes, comments, and follows! Happy 36k reads and 1.8k votes.

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW