TIW 23

Rod

"Clark?" I didn't know how to react. Siguro dahil sa gulat ay napayakap na lamang ako sa aking anak. I just missed him so much, I almost forgot that I had my family with me. Almost. After 6 years, my son is here standing in front of me.

"Uhm excuse me po, I can't breathe." As if on cue, I got back to my senses and fixed myself. I just can't contain the emotion that I was feeling right now, after all those years. I finally saw my first child. He still looks the same old Clark, he looks completely just like me.

"I miss you buddy." I was expecting a hug from him or at least a smile but things didn't turn out the way I wanted them to be. Instead of a those things, all he gave me was a blank stare. Clark was never like this before. Masaya siya na nakikita ako dati.

"I'm sorry po, I have to go. Enjoy your meal." That's what all he said and he turned his back on us. I felt pain.

Pinigilan ko ang pag-alis niya, I held his arm and with the voice that I still have I tried to speak.

"Clark please talk to me, I'm your dad-" Suddenly, I was cut off by another voice. Then, I saw someone running towards our place, looking straight at us with this worry written all over the person's face.

"Anak!" The person called and I couldn't even feel myself. I felt numb, pakiramdam ko ay nabuhusan ako ng napakalamig na tubig. The way my son addressed the person, it was unbelievably hurting me from the inside.

"Papa Aaron!" My son ran after that man he called dad without minding me at all. He looks so happy with this man. I did not know how to react. Until I felt the warm hands of Eric hugging me as if he understood what just happen but he did not. At least, not now. Then I felt another hand that held my arm, it was Karell's.

"Babe, do you mind going home right now? I think we all had enough for this day." Her soothing voice never failed to keep me back on track. Muli kong tinignan ang kinatatayuan ni Clark kanina and he was gone. Just like before... I lost my son.

I just smiled to my family saying, "No, we should still stay. Remember, celebration ang pinunta natin dito di'ba?" Right. I must as well focus on my family.

"No Rod. We should probably go home now." Karell went stiff as if not liking my idea.

"Please, Karell."

Itinuloy na namin ang aming naudlot na pagkain, trying to change the mood and atmosphere after what happened. But the thought of having peace after what happened did not come in place.

Kung nandito si Clark ibig sabihin, nandito na ang dati kong pamilya. They're back.

Everything was going smooth again hanggang sa bigla nalang tumayo si Karell at sumigaw. Agad ko siyang dinaluhan at tinanong kung bakit siya sumigaw. She hysterically pointed at the plate and shouted once again.

"Kadiri! That is so gross!" Naagaw na namin ng pansin halos lahat ng mga taong kumakain, even the staffs went towards us and asked what was wrong.

"Gosh, are you blind?! Look there is a freakin' wood in my food! I want to talk to your manager!" Halos hindi ko na mapigilan si Karell sa pagwawala niya. We could've asked them nicely but damn. What a commotion.

Karell is starting a scene here and I do not know what to do.

"Madame, I'm very sorry for that. We might as well change it for yo-" I can sense that the staffs were really trying there best to fix the situation and I would want to settle it the good way too.

"No! Ugh! Call your manager!" She shouted once more which was not pleasing.

"Karell, please just let it slip." Hindi ko pa nakakalimutan ang nangyari kanina at heto nanaman panibagong iisipin.

"This is impossible, I won't let it slip. There is a wood in my food, paano nalang pag nakain ko?! Wow! I'm so impressed a fine dining restaurant serving a piece of wood."

Karell was about to speak again but she was interrupted.

"Good day everyone, what is this all about?" A calm voice echoed through the hall.

"Y-you?!" As shocked as Karell, I was only able to utter one word...

"Kristin..."

A moment of silence went through the restaurant, even the diners went still.

"Hey!" Karell called one staff and pointed at Kristin. It was really her, I can't take my eyes of her just like with Clark. She wore formal clothes which she never even had before because of me.

"Why is the janitress talking to me?" I stood there dumb-founded while Karell continuously mocked Kristin.

"Madame please have some decency, this is Ms. Maria Kristin Garcia Vi-"

"Excuse me, you could leave us. Attend to the needs of other guests. I can handle this on my own. Thank you."

Just like Clark, she changed. A lot. I could still sense a lot of eyes looking at us. Then I remembered Eric, I scooped him in my arms and told him to wear my earphones and use my mobile phone for awhile. He was clueless as to what was happening kaya sinunod na lamang niya ako at nanood ng paborito niyang cartoon.

Ayokong may marining na hindi kaaya aya ang anak namin sa sariling bibig ng kaniyang ina.

"May I ask the problem?" Kristin asked keeping her cool. I wanted to stop Karell because I don't want any issue pero alam ko na hinding hindi siya mag papapigil at baka kami pa ang mag-away.

"I am not speaking with a janitress. Still the same old Kristin." I tried holding Karell's arm and yanked her a bit but she removed my arm and looked at me sharply.

"Excuse me miss. If you will continue to disrespect me that way, you will never step again in any of my restaurants."

I am as shocked as Karell for the second time.

"W-what?!"

"There was a wood on my food! Ito ba ang pinagmamalaki mo? Restaurant na kahoy ang sineserve?!"

"That is no wood miss. Please let your eyes be checked. I guess you never tasted French cuisine before, let me clarify things for you."

Just to check things, she went straight to Karell's plate and took the thing that Karell thought was wood. Now that I got to see the thing, damn. It is not wood. That's a grilled shell.

"Miss, this is a snail's shell. You ordered Escargot right? The snail's shell are being grilled to make the food with finesse. What a shame, you shouted and disturbed everyone's dining experience with us, for a shell? Tsk."

"Lost your tongue, dear?" Karell is still obviously shocked. Wala na rin siyang nasabi pa kay Kristin.

"Anyways, I'm sorry for the commotion diners. Please, accept free desserts as my way of apologizing and of course, to formally introduce myself...

I am Maria Kristin Garcia Villamor,

one of the owners and the head chef of this restaurant."

---
A/N: Babawi na ako sa updates guys hehe. Ayan na yung inaantay nating pagbabalik tsaka may napansin ba kayong naiiba? Hmmm. Salamat sa mga sumusuporta, stay safe everyone!

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW