Chapter 70

Chapter 70: Humans Are Awesome

By the time the party arrived at the cliff, there was already no one there.

“Welp, we’re gonna fail this mission.”

Joe carried his greatsword on his shoulder and continued regretfully, “The guy who hid here earlier already fled.”

Croakatoa that had been rushing the fastest had finally managed to catch up with the party, panting and kneeling on the ground and feeling as if he were going to dry out in the next moment.

Then, he looked at Joe who didn’t have any visible signs of exhaustion, and started to doubt himself. He was the greatest warrior in the frogmen tribe, but he couldn’t even be compared with a human that was going to die?

And according to what he heard them say, this human called Joe had just become a warrior…So what kind of monsters were these humans!

“There are no traces on the ground, and although it’s not impossible that he had escaped, but just in case…” Edward looked towards Gou Dan.

Gou Dan immediately knew what the former wanted him to do and squatted down on the ground, starting to create an orb the size of a ping pong ball in his hands.

Upon seeing this, the other players all covered their ears, leaving Croakatoa confused.

The next moment, Gou Dan stood up and clammed the orb into the ground.

Suddenly, a deafening boom sounded out as the orb exploded, and the sound was so loud that the party even saw sound waves vibrating in the air.

This skill was called a Sonic Boom Orb, which was an extension of the Hundred Huntings skill series that was unique to the ranger class. In short, the skill was one that could be used to create orbs in response to different hunting situations, and other than the Sonic Boom Orb, there were Dye Balls, Poop Orbs and Flash Bombs, and more.

Because rangers could also make explosives the height of half a human to build traps, the players from the other classes called this skill the Fourth Dimensional Pocket of the rangers. (Players don’t have an inventory to store their items, and could only carry those with them, because Xi Wei couldn’t create storage space for them out of thin air.)

Other than attracting the attention of enemies from afar, it could also cause a petrified status for whoever wasn’t prepared, and could even shake out the earthworms in the ground…

Now it seems that the skill was quite effective, because other than Croakatoa who had been stunned and fell onto the ground like a real big frog, another guy was blasted out from underground!

This magician from the Society of the Secret Eye seemed to have used some magic spell to make the soil like liquid, and to him, the originally solid earth turned into a wide and calm ocean where he could sneak into and hide.

Unfortunately, this plan that he thought was foolproof was still solved by Gou Dan. The power of the Sonic Boom Orb was definitely strong, and he was so scared that he couldn’t even maintain his magic, leaving half of his body stuck underground.

“Uhm…” Looking at the players that were coming towards him with an evil glint in their eyes, Albert broke out in a cold sweat and smiled bitterly. “Is it too late now to surrender?”

Because they wanted to learn useful information from Albert, Edward and the party didn’t decide to kill Albert on the spot.

That being said, when they caught him and dragged him out of the ground and left him with just a pair of boxers, the system judged that they had succeeded the first stage of the Frogman Guardian quest, and immediately issued the next stage in the quest series.