Change 67

Chapter 67: Saintess In-Training

Meanwhile, Xi Wei was watching the show with a tub of popcorn.

In comparison with the Rotten Bones Church, he was actually not so worried about the larger scaled Society of the Secret Eye.

The reason for this was simple—The Rotten Bones Church believed in a deity, with the support of the Rotten Bones God behind them.

This meant that the main locations of the Rotten Bones Church were enveloped in the Rotten Bones God’s divine energy, and unless Xi Wei was a couple stages higher than him, he wouldn’t be able to see through the divine energy to perceive what the enemy was doing.

But it was completely different with the Society of the Secret Eye.

It was a smuggling organization with members from all around the continent, true, but that also meant that most of them believed in vastly different deities. This made it impossible for enough concentrated divine energy to prevent Xi Wei’s observations.

In short, no matter how secretive and how well-guarded against spies they were, it would be completely useless in the eyes of Xi Wei. As long as it were a place that Xi Wei’s believers conquered, then Xi Wei would be able to see every detail clearly!

To Xi Wei, this organization was a piece of cake.

This time too, he gave the players at the frogman village a quest to forewarn them about the attack, upon seeing that the enemies had left their base and were heading towards the frogman village.

As for what happened later, he wasn’t all that concerned about it. After all, the players would just revive at the unnamed town if they failed.

With the Underground Hideout of Lancaster as a backup, the current starter village would be able to defend against the Society of the Secret Eye with no problems. Even if it were on the event that they lost terribly, Xi Wei would be able to descend to the mortal plane and wipe them out in one fell swoop. Again, it wasn’t an organization with the support of a single deity, so no deity would come to him for retribution.

In fact, after he updated the system and created the dungeon, he didn’t give a lot of attention to the players on the mortal realm.

Because other than that, he had much more pressing matters to attend to.

The connections between deities of the same pantheon were closer than what Xi Wei had first thought. Even though the Rotten Bones God’s deific properties haven’t been completely destroyed, so the Undead Pantheon hadn’t realized that their lackey had been killed by Xi Wei, but it was only a matter of time.

Xi Wei was looking for a way to cut the connection between the Rotten Bones God and the Undead Pantheon, or at least prepare enough to be able to deal with what’s to come if any deities from the pantheon wanted to look for trouble. The deity that came this time wouldn’t be as easy to deal with as the Rotten Bones God, after all.

Therefore, he needed a way to harvest more leeks…Peh, divine power.

In conclusion, it was already stretching his limits to check in on the players from time to time, and he wouldn’t waste his divine energy to help beat up little kids on the mortal realm.

Frogmen Village, visitor’s suite (a conch house).

The attack from the Society of the Secret Eye came a little slower than the party had expected, the scene still quite peaceful even after the party re-obtained their weapons from the frogmen.