Chapter 9

Chapter 9- feelings, yuck

After I took a shower in my apartment, I got dressed and sat on my bed. I looked at my clothes from yesterday and noticed that I had accidently grabbed Creg’s shirt. I groaned. There was a knock on the door. I grabbed his shirt, put on a poker face, and opened the door.

“Well, hello there,” Creg said leaning against the doorway.

“Miss me already?” I said smirking.

“Ha ha, I did not miss your attitude missy. I came for my shirt,” he said flicking my nose. I scrunched up my face.

“Don’t do that,” I groaned.

“What, this?” he said flicking my nose again. I rolled my eyes.

“Are you going to give me my shirt or do you want me to come in?” he said smirking. I slammed the shirt on his chest.

“There you go,” I said smiling sweetly and slammed the door on his face. I leaned against the door and slid down. Confusing feeling is confusing. Suddenly, I was frustrated that I was feeling more confused than I had ever in my life.

“Women,” I heard Creg mutter from the other side of the door and walk off. That brought a giggle to my lips. Ok, going through major mood swings. Not good. I need some Nutella to calm down.

********

Have I mentioned before that I hate Mondays? I rubbed my eyes as I tried to pay attention in History class.

“I’m guessing Creg is way too intelligent for this lecture?” the teacher snapped.

“I said I wanted a taco, not a burrito,” mumbled Creg with his head on the desk. The class snickered while the teacher rolled her eyes. Even I had to smile.

“CREG!” the teacher yelled.

“Yes sir!” Creg jumped up. People couldn’t contain their laughter by now. Creg looked confused for a second then sat back down with a sly smile.

“Detention after school,” the teacher said calmly.

“Sorry miss, I was a bit busy this weekend,” he said smirking. His “friend” Alan whistled and slapped him in the back. It took all my will power not to blush. I started playing with my hands like I always did when I was uncomfortable. After the class went back to normal, Creg stole a glance at me and mouthed ‘let’s talk later’. I raised an eyebrow. When did Creg ever want to “talk” with any of the girls he got in bed? The thought made me excited and I mentally slapped myself. Congratulations Creg, you gave me another reason to hate you.

********

“Meet me in the closet?” he whispered in my ear during lunch and walked away. I knew he was talking about the closet in which I had helped him bandage his arm. People were too busy talking to notice, but Sorrow saw and raised an eyebrow. I blushed.

“Bathroom,” I said and walked off.

“I think we need a better secret meeting place,” I said as I was squished in the closet with Creg. He chuckled.

“I agree, well I asked you to come, because I wanted to um tell you something,” he said with a nervous tone.

“Ok, what’s wrong, you’re almost always cocky and confident, what got your knickers in a twist?” Creg snorted at my choice of words.

“You know what, I’m just going to get out and say this. I’m confused as fuck. I thought I was feeling strong emotions for you, because you, Kate, were a challenge. Basically, you were the only girl who wasn’t flaunting yourself at me, and I wanted you. However, after Saturday night, I thought I would be over you, but I wasn’t. Erm, what I’m trying to say is, you’re different, and I like that. There it’s out, all cheesy and shit, but it’s there,” Creg said nervously messing with his hair.