Chapter 8

Chapter 8 –my life has turned into cliché teen flick 

“Get back here!” he yelled, and I sprinted towards my kitchen. I looked back to see him chasing after me. I started laughing. I made sure to hold onto the small box in my hand securely.

Thud

“Ow,” I groaned smacking the body on top of me. He managed to grab the box.

“You little freak, stealing is bad you know,” Creg said shaking his head. I mentally snorted. He was the one who was a bloody criminal.

“What is in it?” I asked looking at the gift wrapped box in his hand, with a note attached to it.

For you Creg, with lots of love

It had fallen out of his pocket and I had wanted to see it, but he hadn’t let me.

“It is none of your business. Why did I agree to work with you again? Gosh you’re so annoying.”

“You didn’t have a choice; the teacher paired us up, remember? Oh come on, tell me! Wait a minute, does Creg have a girlfriend?” I said ignoring his insult and adding a teasing tone to my voice. I really hope he didn’t have a girlfriend. That would just make things more complicated.

“Why would I get stuck on one girl when I can have a different one each night?” was his reply. I rolled my eyes.

“Stupid player,” I said.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, now let’s get back to our project, shall we?” he asked annoyed. I nodded and skipped back to my living room. I wonder what was in that box. What if it’s something important? After another hour we finally finished everything.

“Hmm, it wasn’t that horrible working with you,” Creg said. I rolled my eyes, yet again.

“Gee, thanks,” was my sarcastic reply.

“So, aren’t you going to invite me to your room?” he asked smirking.

“Nope, and I think it is time for you to leave,” I said and began pushing him out.

“I’m feeling the love,” he said sarcastically and walked out. I sighed in relief after the door closed. That went better than expected. He could be annoyingly difficult at times. I needed a plan, and fast. Getting information out of Creg is harder than it seems.

******

“My mother wants to know how everything is going with the plan,” Sorrow said while we were walking to lunch together. She seemed distressed as always.

“Erm, I’m getting there,” I said.

“You’re such a fail,” she said rolling her eyes. I glared at her, but stopped when she abruptly stopped and stared at the wall. I stared too. There was a gorgeous painting of a bird on it. The art students must have painted it over the weekend.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” I asked. Sorrow didn’t answer. I looked at her and she had tears in her eyes.

“Are you alright?” I asked not knowing what else to say. She ran off.

“Sorrow!” I yelled after her, but she was gone. Well, that was odd. I didn’t know what to think of it.

“Hey Kate!”

I jumped and turned around.

“Oh, hi Alexis,” I said to the beaming teenager in front of me.

“Well, I am throwing a party on Saturday with the excuse of celebrating the fact that we seniors won the spirit competition! Want to come?”

“We have a spirit competition?” I asked, dumbfounded. She face palmed.