Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1             SECOND DRAFT

JUNIOR YEAR, FALL SEMESTER 2011

"You know, Scott said it was OK if you wanted to tag along." Stiles spoke through the phone, inviting me to go with him to watch Scott get his first tattoo.

"No, It's fine, really. I mean, it's guy time." I reassured, despite wanting to spend as much time as possible with my boyfriend, even if it was just watching his best friend get a tattoo. "Anyways, I already have my pyjamas on sooo."

"I know you're lying Danni." Stiles chuckled as I sighed, looking down at my dark blue jeans and pink jumper. "Besides, we're right outside." I giggled as I looked out my bedroom window, and sure enough Scott and Stiles were both parked in front of my house in Stiles's blue Jeep.

"Okay, I'll be down in a second." I said, hanging up the phone as I ran out of my room and down the stairs.

My mother was working the late shift at the hospital, so I didn't need to worry about her wondering where I'm going. That was actually how I first became friends with Scott, through my Mom. Melissa and my Mom, Katy, both work at the hospital and pretty soon became friends, both single mothers with 8-year-old children, they found it easy to rely and comfort each other. Then obviously, when it comes to Scott and Stiles, if you have one you have the other.

"Hi." Stiles greeted me as I reached the Jeep, pulling me towards him for a quick kiss before I climbed onto the back seats.

"Hi back," I smiled, "Hey Scott." I said as I fastened my seatbelt, also greeting my boyfriend's best friend.

"Hey Danni."

"So!" I chirped, clapping my hands together, "Let's go get Scotty boy here a tattoo!"

"Woo!" Stiles yelled, joining in on the excitement.

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." The tattoo artist spoke sarcastically as he looked down at the piece of paper Scott had handed him, glancing up at Scott with a disapproving glare, to which Scott only replied with an awkward smile. The 'picture' Scott had drawn was simply two lines, each of different thicknesses.

"Hey Scott, sure you don't want something like this?" Stiles spoke, holding up a picture of a reptile-like creature, which only caused Scott to sigh. "Too soon? Yeah."

"What? Why's it too soon?" I asked in confusion, glancing between the two boys whose eyes seemed to widen at my words.

"It's not- I mean, it, um, it's a joke, yeah, inside joke... between Scott and I... yep." I raised an eyebrow towards my boyfriend and he quickly looked away, clearing his throat. "Scott, I don't know, man, are you sure about this?" He spoke quickly, trying to change the subject as quickly as he could.