Prologue

SOPHOMORE YEAR, SPRING SEMESTER 2011.

Stiles Stilinski stopped the beat-up blue Jeep in the middle of the road, allowing a tired, shirtless, Scott McCall to climb inside. The duo sat in silence whilst Stiles drove, awkwardness hanging in the air over the fact that Scott should have listened to Stiles when he told him the date was a bad idea, but Stiles wouldn't let that come between them, Scott was going through something big and life changing, and Stiles was going to be there for him.

"You know what actually worries me the most?" Scott muttered, breaking the silence between the two.

"If you say Allison, I'm gonna punch you in the head." Stiles swiftly replied, easily breaking up any of the leftover tension in the air.

"She probably hates me now." Scott complained, causing Stiles to groan.

"I doubt that... But you might want to come up with a pretty amazing apology." He offered out in help, until he decided to carry on. "Or, you know, you could just tell her the truth and revel in the awesomeness of the fact that you're a fricking werewolf." Scott sent Stiles an annoyed look that easily told him that was definitely not what he was going to do. "Okay, bad idea." Stiles mumbled after receiving Scott's 'message' and focused back on the road.

"Whilst we're on the subject of telling girls." Scott threw out causing Stiles' ears to perk up as the only other girl in the two boys' life who Stiles would even consider telling about Scott's situation was his girlfriend, Danni Jacobs. "I really don't think you should tell Danni, about, well, any of this."

"Why not?" Stiles asked, not wanted to consider the fact that Scott might not trust his girlfriend of almost year, but both of theirs' friend who had been in their lives since the mere age of 8.

"Because, she's my friend dude, and your girlfriend. I don't want her getting involved with all this shit because I don't know what I'd do with myself if her knowing put her in any kind of danger." Stiles was shocked, not at what Scott had said, but that he had not thought of it himself.

"Dude you're right." Stiles muttered, more to him if anything, but with Scott's new 'super hearing' there was a high doubt he'd ever mishear Stiles again. "I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if she got hurt." Scott nodded in agreement as the duo both decided that not telling Danni was the best decision.

Scott rested his head against the Jeep window, his mood still deflated over what Allison might think, and detecting this, Stiles patted his shoulder.

"Hey, we'll get through this." He comforted, "Come on, if I have to, I'll chain you up myself on full moon nights and feed you live mice. I had a boa once. I could do it." He said, causing Scott to scoff and smile, successfully lifting his best friend's mood.

" He said, causing Scott to scoff and smile, successfully lifting his best friend's mood