5 | COMFORT

every morning when I open my eyes,

i want to whisper these words to you that, 

"i hope you'll be happy today"

-make your day, nct 127

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

It has already been three days since Haechan saw her at the wedding and now he found himself leaning against the wall next to the studio's door again

She's inside and his legs don't seem to want to walk away. He wants to listen to her playing the piano and now he knows why he's been acting like this lately.

There's this saying that said most girls develop feelings for the guys with the same behavior as their father's. But to Haechan's case, he might have thought of his mother.

He's remembered by the soft melody that his mother played for him and the smell of fresh downy on his comforter when he was little.

It was peaceful. His family's life used to be peaceful, not until they had to separate so they could protect Haechan's identity.

He sighs deeply and his head hangs low, fingers fiddling with the necklace. Renjun gave it back to him the night they met Hanbyul at the wedding.

"I ran into Hanbyul in front of the washroom the other day and I just said I know the owner of the necklace," Renjun innocently said.

Haechan didn't want to tell Renjun that he knew Hanbyul had his necklace. He liked how Hanbyul was wearing it, and secretly wishing that she would wear the necklace a little longer.

Haechan's head shot up when he heard the off-key sound on the piano. He quickly got up, peaking in as he's worried something might have happened to her.

But all he saw was her small back, and her head resting on the keys, her hair covering her face. Haechan heaved a relief sigh and he thought of leaving her alone but he heard soft sobs before he could walk away.

Then he notices her body was shaking vigorously, stifling her cries.

He felt his heart break to see her in that state, it's his first time.

He pushes the door open and slowly approaches her, not wanting to surprise the girl but she seems clueless about it until he sits next to her.

Haechan's right thigh slightly brushed against her left that made her look up to him. Her eyes are red and her cheeks are stained with tears. She might have cried longer than he thought.

Though he wants to hug her badly, he didn't want to creep her out, so he softly smiles at her. "You can lean your head on my shoulder if you want,"